Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Odds and Ends

Well, despite the fact that I abhor snow, and we've been getting plenty of it, January is off to a great start for me. I hope that's true for you, too.

Today I thought I'd do a little round-up of various things I've seen on the web this week. But first I wanted to remind you that time is running out to enter my blogiversary contest to win one of two signed books from Steve Hockensmith's Holmes on the Range series. You can enter here.

Speaking of blogiversary, it will be two years ago on Tuesday that I started Jen's Book Thoughts. Do you know what else is Tuesday? Yep! The release of THE FIRST RULE. Coincidence? I don't think so! Thanks R.C. and Putnam for helping to celebrate my blog's birthday. And R.C.'s visit to Ohio is closing in. Two weeks from today! Can't wait!! If you're going to be in Dayton to see R.C., make sure you drop me a note and let me know so we can make a point of meeting and saying "hi."

I was over the moon to see some authors scheduled at Mystery Lovers Book Shop. You can see their entire line-up here. I've already got my spot for Jo Nesbø's and Alafair Burke's events in March. And I'm also planning to attend the Festival in May. I have it from a good source that Brad Parks is scheduled to be at the festival this year.

Speaking of Brad Parks. The scoundrel put my reputation through a blender this week in his interview with Pop Culture Nerd.

I went back and forth this week with Tom Schreck about the need for sidekicks to have sex. You can weigh in on the topic here.

The folks over at the Criminal Minds blog are growing in number. Have you been there lately? Stop over and wish the new contributors a warm welcome. And some changes are going on over at The Outfit.

And today, Lesa Holstine has posted her first video production to her blog. She's highlighting some cozy mysteries from Penguin, and she did a fantastic job.

I still have three reviews from books I read in 2009 that I need to finish to have last year totally wrapped up. I'd love to get those done this week. Then I have four others that I've finished reading so far this year. Geez, already starting off the year behind! I'm also doing a lot of behind the scenes prep work for some things to come, so if I'm a little sparse, that's what I'm doing.

Hope you have a wonderful (warm) week filled with great reading!

5 comments:

Lesa January 10, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

Jen!

Thank you for the link, and comment that I did a fantastic job with my first attempt. See, I told you we get ideas from each other. I really liked your first video interview with Tom Schreck.

le0pard13 January 10, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

Wasn't that suspicious timing on RC's part (trying to clam on to your anniversary)? You should let him hear it when he stops by in Dayton ;-). Congrats, Jen. You know, it seems like whenever we get great weather here in the southland, the rest of the country gets hammered in the winter. And, we all don't care how bad your rep gets trashed, we all still love you, Jen. Thanks.

Hilary Davidson January 10, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

A two-year anniversary? Congrats on a major milestone, Jen. Here's to many more!

Pop Culture Nerd January 10, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

I think Crais knew your blog's birthday is on the 12th and arranged to have TFR released then as a present to you!

How will you celebrate? By running naked through the snow? You have a floozy rep to live up to!

Jen Forbus January 11, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

Thanks everyone! I am excited about 2 years with this blog. It seems like just yesterday I started this blogging business. The time has just flown by...and it's because of so much fun with you all.

Hmmm, PCN, running naked through the snow is a thought. Might terrify the neighbors, but I'll consider it! ;)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP