Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A MUST Read!

Ok all my crime fiction buffs out there. I have a short story that you absolutely have to check out. My friend Naomi wrote it and I am so incredibly proud of her. She titled it "The Winter of My Discontent." It's posted over at A Twist of Noir. And I was riveted by it. Her word choice creates an incredible setting. I felt some Daniel Woodrell, some William Faulkner, some James Lee Burke. I really recommend you check it out! I do believe she has the makings of the next big thing! :)

Congratulations Naomi! I'm so proud of you!


3 comments:

Corey Wilde December 16, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

Eh? You mean she knows another word besides 'schmoozer?'

Okay, Jen, I still trust you.

Anonymous December 16, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

Thank you, Jen, you really know how to give my ego a HUGE boost! Burke, Faulkner AND Woodrell. Those are some mighty powerful writers (and Burke is a great favorite of mine) and I know the comparison is so unfair to them.

Corey -- if you say nice things about my story, I'll take it back.

trish December 23, 2008 at 3:50 PM  

Thanks for pointing me to that story! That was excellent!! You'll have to keep us updated on your friend... :-)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP