Saturday, December 13, 2008

Santa Claus is Coming to Town...

O.k., he's already been here...three times! He must need a lot of extra time on Christmas Eve night because he already took care of bringing me my gifts and I have to share them with you.

First, you know I mentioned a little while back that I was looking for book-themed stamps. Well, Santa Naomi found these beauties for me:
I'm crazy about the little boy sitting on the stack of books reading. He's definitely going into a set of note cards after Christmas. But, I have to tell you, that reading sheep cracks me up! Too funny! He might make a good bookmark. What do you think?

Then we had our book club meeting on Thursday. On Friday, the woman who leads our book club brought me this adorable pin. Isn't it cool? I just love it! Can't wait to wear it. The great thing about my new job is that people don't look at me funny because of my obsession with books. That's awesome!




And finally, today...in my house...when I brought in the mail...I squealed. You know how young teenage girls squeal when they're having a sleep over or talking about boys? Yep, it was like that kind of squeal. Which is rather ironic because I never squealed over boys...might be why I'm still single, but nevertheless, I squealed over the present in my mail from Santa Chris. This is what it was:




So, I know you aren't wondering what I'm doing this weekend! ;) I will tell you that next week I have a couple of big things lined up...I mean BIG things! My treats to you for the holidays. So make sure you check back often!

Happy Reading!!


5 comments:

Thoughts of Joy December 13, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

I can't wait to start the Grabenstein series! I hope you have lots of reading time. :) BTW - I just started Brother and so far, so good. :)

Jen Forbus December 13, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

Joy, so glad to hear you're enjoying Brother so far. I just couldn't get over all the twists and turns. That book really moves!

Corey Wilde December 13, 2008 at 8:09 PM  

And Naomi called ME a schmoozer!

Merry Christmas, Jen, you've earned it. And an uncorrected proof from one of your favorite authors -- you better watch out, I think Santa's hittin' on you.

Serena December 14, 2008 at 9:14 AM  

Looks like you got a great group of gifts. Congrats and enjoy.

PK the Bookeemonster December 14, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

I squealed that way last week when I got the newest Susanna Gregory, the fourth Thomas Chaloner book, THE WESTMINSTER POISONER. I know *exactly* what that sounds like.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP