Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fun Tidbits for Midweek

Hi all. I'm putting in some extra time tonight reading (writing this Tues. night - you'll read it Wed or later). That Don Winslow, he's just got me hooked, hooked, hooked. So, while I'm reading, I found some fun things to tell you about and you can check them out if they interest you.

The first item has to do with the folks who published the six-word memoir books, where I got the idea for my series. They have a new six-word memoir book out called It All Changed in an Instant: More Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure. And they are on NPR today (Wednesday) for the "Talk of the Nation" show. So, if you're interested in checking those folks out you can listen to that show, or you can always check out their website where folks leave their own six-word memoirs. The book is addicting, though. Obviously, it struck a chord with me!

And the other tidbit I have for you today is a giveaway that my good friend Kaye is hosting over at her blog, Meanderings and Muses. Her friends Sissyfriss Sockmonkey and Lou Lou Skiptoo are celebrating Valentine's Day with a giveaway of the book ROSES, which is an epic novel. So you can try to win it for yourself or win it for your sweetie.

And that's it for me today. Short and sweet because I have a date with Boone Daniels. Happy Reading!

***Some late additions****

I can't believe I forgot to mention these fun posts from this week. First of all, Alafair Burke was getting caught up in the Doppelganger Week, and she did this post for Murderati about who she thinks writers look like. If you read the comments, you'll see I added that I thought James Lee Burke resembles Tommy Lee Jones and Tom Schreck looks like David Boreanaz.

Then yesterday Sean Chercover had me in stitches with this letter to the crazy people who send him emails. Too funny!

And finally, I want to encourage you to go over and check out Pop Culture Nerd. I'd love it if you'd subscribe to her blog so I can win an INVICTUS script...wait a minute! I'd love it if you'd subscribe to MY blog. Oh, well, that's another topic for another time. No, really, I subscribe to her blog, and you'll see my comments plastered all over the place because not only is it a superb blog, but she always has fun posts that just beg for commenting. Believe me! You'll love it! Let me know if you subscribe.

O.k., I think that's it...again! ;) Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Naomi Johnson February 3, 2010 at 1:18 PM  

I saw Sean's column. That is indeed a hoot except that I would just feel sick if I received a lot of mail full of bigotry.

Jen Forbus February 3, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

Yes, I'm sure they all get that sick stuff. I thought Sean handled said persons very well, don't you?

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP