Thursday, February 18, 2010

Preparing for Muskego

A couple fun things for you as I'm preparing for Felonious February up at the Muskego Public Library this weekend. If you're in the area, you should come. It's going to be fun!

First, my very good friend Michael from Lazy Thoughts from a Boomer is running a series on the Robert Crais audio books. Michael is an expert on audios and especially on Robert Crais' audios. He's running through the whole Elvis Cole/Joe Pike series and we're having some fun discussions about them. If you haven't checked this series out, I encourage you to do so, even if you think you aren't an audio fan, it's still a great look at how different interpretations can create different effects in reading. Fun stuff, and many kudos to Michael for the series. It's fantastic!

I'm grossly behind on my blog reading, and I need to get over and chat with Hank Phillippi Ryan who is guesting at 7 Criminal Minds this week. What a fun, talented woman. Stop over and say hi to her!

Don't forget to enter your nominations for the World's Favorite Detective tournament. The form for entries is here. Thanks to everyone who has been helping to spread the word. We aren't going to have any trouble filling the 64 slots. The question will simply be who fills those slots. And there's still time to sign up to participate in the "Detectives Around the World" theme week. Info on what to do for that is here. We've got over 20 participating blogs right now, and everyone is welcome. There will be lots of prizes and lots of fun. Hope you'll join in.

And finally, I want to share this trailer for Alafair Burke's 212 with you. For those that don't know, I will be interviewing Alafair at Felonious Friday this weekend. It's my first LIVE interview, so wish me luck. Alafair's an old pro...me, I'm the novice! But, while I'm traveling to Wisconsin tomorrow, I have my review of 212 set for you to check out. To prepare for that, check out this fun trailer:


5 comments:

Dana Kaye February 18, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

Have fun this weekend and good luck with your interview! Sorry I won't be there, it looks like a lot of fun!

le0pard13 February 18, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

Thank you very much for the kind words and the shout-out, Jen. That FF sure sounds like fun (and if I was anywhere near the area, I'd be there). Hope you have a great time (and post something on it). And, that is a fun book trailer for Alafair's 212.

Christine February 18, 2010 at 3:32 PM  

Safe travels this weekend, Jen! I have complete faith that you'll be an excellent interviewer. I just finished my first Ellie Hatcher novel yesterday and need to track down the 2nd! And, I have to admit that there was a joyful squeal when I read the cameo by our favorite New Iberia detective. ;-D

Yes, trying to keep up with Facebook and all these great blogs you, lp13 and PCN have introduced me to on a daily basis was where I got myself into trouble. (Read: addicted and not accomplishing jack) HA! I'm also enjoying le0pard13's series. (In fact, he's my next stop.)

Cheers! Looking forward to hearing about your weekend!

Kaye Wilkinson Barley - Meanderings and Muses February 18, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

Have a ball! Pass around a few hugs for me, please!!!

Jen Forbus February 19, 2010 at 6:34 AM  

Thanks everyone. Say a small prayer for me tomorrow. I'm thrilled to death and nervous as can be! :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP