Friday, September 17, 2010

BBAW - Future Treasures

I can't believe that the third Book Blogger Appreciation Week has come to its final day. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I've been blogging long enough to have been involved in three Book Blogger Appreciation Weeks. More and more we see the definite role that the Book Blogger is playing in our society. We are a group of people who value and love reading, but more than that we appreciate sharing that love with others.

The Internet has afforded us the opportunity to meet and know many people we would never have had the chance to meet otherwise. And you can ask most any person who talks with me face to face on a regular basis, I've most definitely discussed books with them. The Internet just gives me more people to tell about wonderful books. It gives me a community of people who will discuss the finer points of books when I want to hash out thoughts and ideas.

Sometimes the blog can feel overwhelming. More requests and books come in than one person could ever deal with on a hobby basis. But the reality is that I love reading; I love talking about books; blogging has become my passion and it's opened doors for me I wouldn't have otherwise had access to. Blogging has introduced me to like-minded people far and wide. I don't intend to give it up any time soon.

What does the future hold for Jen's Book Thoughts? I'm not sure at this point. I want to keep things as fresh as I can, so I'm always scouting for new ideas to use on the blog. Don't hesitate to offer up suggestions if you have them. Can't make any guarantees, but I'd love to hear ideas. Next month I will moderate my first ever Bouchercon panel. And I have a panel full of amazing authors, so if you're going to Bouchercon I'd love for you to attend our panel - 11:30 on Thursday. It's called "Dead or Alive." Then I believe I will also be moderating a panel at Murder and Mayhem in Muskego for the first time, and that will be in November. I really want to work on developing more video for the blog. But what will always stay consistent is that books and their authors will be remain the focus, and as long as folks will talk with me about books, I'll be here!

Thank you for your constant support and to all the book bloggers, HAPPY BOOK BLOGGER APPRECIATION WEEK!!

9 comments:

Care September 17, 2010 at 7:37 AM  

and a HAPPY BBAW to you. :)

Lesa September 17, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

Happy BBAW to you, too, Jen. And, since I'm not participating this year, what award did you just win? Whatever it was, I know you worked hard, and deserve it!

Congrats!

gautami tripathy September 17, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

May you continue reading great books!

Here is my BBAW: Forgotten Treasures post!

bermudaonion September 17, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

Your blog is fabulous just the way it is! We all look up to you!! Oh, and congratulations on your award - it was well deserved.

le0pard13 September 17, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

An award and a Bouchercon moderator?!? Both are well deserved, Jen. Congrats!

Craig McDonald September 17, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

Hearty double congratulations, Jen!

Michelle Stockard Miller September 17, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

Stopping by with congrats for your win of best thriller, etc., etc. blog! Keep it up, girl!

kathy d. September 18, 2010 at 2:24 AM  

Congratulations!

You do a great job on this blog. It is very creative.

It is amazing how you think up so many new ideas, and implement them.

It is a lot of fun to stop by your blog daily and see what's new.

Jen Forbus September 18, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

Thank you for all the nice comments and congrats. I'm "thrilled" to be honored by the blogging community!

Craig! Thanks so much :-) Your congrats mean the world to me.

Lesa, Kathy and Kathy thank you so much. You are all regulars around here and I love talking books with you all. It wouldn't be the same without you - you make it work!

Thanks Michelle! So happy to have you visit :-)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP