Monday, September 6, 2010

Some Labor Day Fun

I hope you're all enjoying your Labor Day weekend. I thought I'd share some fun stuff I found around the web with you today as well as some items I'm looking forward to before I get back to laboring. Oh, right, I'm not supposed to be laboring today. Oh well. So it goes.

Naomi is asking you to share five of your favorite authors who you feel are "an unfairly guarded secret." You could win a free book of your choice just by sharing. So don't miss that opportunity! You have until Wednesday to get in on the fun. Speaking of Naomi, if you missed it, there's this fun interview with her here. The interviewer? No, not me...she's interviewing herself.

CRIMESPREE has a great offer going, especially if you've been wanting to give them a try. They have some new t-shirts. One of which I'm modeling below. "Short" is kind of cut off on the side there - it says "Life is too short to read bad books." I love it! There are four more styles so check them out here. They are $20 or 2 for $30. But if you purchase a shirt, you can get a free back issue of the magazine. But you have to hurry on that one. It's good through tomorrow.

I don't think I mentioned Mulholland Book's website yet. Most of you probably already know about it, but if you don't, you'll want to hop over and check them out. They've been having a slew of great guest bloggers. Lots of fun stuff to read. They're also on my blog role if you ever need a quick link over.

And since Labor Day is our "end of summer" marker, I thought I'd mention a few books that are on my read list that I'm looking forward to for this fall.

  • The end of the month, brings us Hilary Davidson's debut THE DAMAGE DONE. I'll be talking about that next week.
  • The beginning of October brings us INNOCENT MONSTER, the next book in Reed Farrel Coleman's Moe Prager series. I'll definitely be talking about that one as well.
  • Michael Connelly's THE REVERSAL will also be out at the beginning of October.
  • The much anticipated Patrick and Angie book, MOONLIGHT MILE from Dennis Lehane makes its appearance in November.
  • EVERY BITTER THING is Leighton Gage's next Chief Inspector Mario Silva novel, and that's due out at the beginning of December.

I'll also be working on catching up with books that I've gotten behind on. How did the summer get away so quickly? So, your turn, share with us what you're looking forward to this fall. I hope you have a great Labor Day and have the chance to enjoy some great reading!

4 comments:

bermudaonion September 6, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

I love the t-shirt!

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick September 6, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

I don't know the time goes by so fast lately. :( Can't I slow it down somehow?? The shirt is hilarious!

kathy d. September 6, 2010 at 5:11 PM  

Yes, love the t-shirt, too.

It's like one of my favorite slogans which I'd like to see on a t-shirt: "So much to read, so little time."

But this conveys a similar theme.

And reading this blog provides even more books for the TBR list.

Naomi Johnson September 6, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

Thanks for the plug, Jen. Nice shirt!

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP