Friday, June 24, 2016

Where Jen's Book Thoughts Readers are Reading

Happy Friday, friends. I'm getting a bit of a late start after taking my dog, Rufus, on a hike this morning. It's a gorgeous day here in Northeast Ohio. I hope it is where ever you are, too.

I have a couple items to share before we get to today's special guest. It's almost the end of June now and I have been very remiss about Audiobook Month. So I'll share my review for AudioFile of a book called Lily and the Octopus. This one made me laugh and cry. I would recommend not listening to it on public transportation.  Another outstanding--and earphone award winner--that I reviewed recently is Walter Mosley's Charcoal Joe.

And if you follow the blog's Facebook page, you may have seen me post about this there, but a small school district that doesn't have a library is looking to rebuild and they're in need of donations. If you have some books you can share, they'd be most appreciative.

O.k. on to the fun stuff! Today's special guest is Deborah Ruth from Cincinnati. I have welcomed guests that I've known for some time in this series, but it's been the greatest treat to meet some folks I haven't connected with before. And this is the case with Deborah. So color me tickled today! Here's what she has to say about her fab photo she sent:

I am at the University of Cincinnati outside McMicken Hall with the two lions, Mick and Mack.  I'm almost 64 now, and I know there exists a photo of me as a toddler with Mick and Mack.  I'm in the senior audit program there which allows seniors aged 60 plus to audit classes for free.  What fun!  I always carry my kindle with novels, like Iris Johansen's Shadow Play, which I just downloaded. 



A woman after my own heart! Learning and books...lifelong loves. Deborah, thank you so much for participating. I'm over the moon to "meet" you and am so happy to feature you today. The next time I'm traveling down your way, I'll give you a buzz and maybe we can meet in person. Hope you enjoyed Shadow Play!

Thanks all for stopping by and meeting Deborah. Hope you have a fantastic weekend filled with sunshine and great reads. Happy reading!

4 comments:

Deb June 25, 2016 at 7:17 AM  

You are too sweet, Jen! I didn't realize you are in NE Ohio. I'm the one who said to you a long time ago that I like to see the photos of you with different authors. Thank you so much. Deborah

Malcolm Avenue Review June 26, 2016 at 12:08 PM  

What a great picture! Deborah sounds awesome.

I second your recommendation re Lily. Though I didn't listen to the audiobook version, I can imagine.

شركة رواد الحرمين July 11, 2019 at 10:53 AM  


شركه عزل فوم بالرياض
أيضاً تسبب في سقوط الطلاء وظهور التشققات، ولكن من الآن لا داعي
للقلق لأن شركة عزل أسطح تقدم لعملائها الكرام في كافة أنحاء المملكة العربية السعودية .
افضل شركة عزل أسطح

شركه تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض
شركه عزل فوم بالدمام

شركه عزل اسطح بالدمام

شركه عزل فوم بالقطيف

شركه عزل فوم بالاحساء

شركه عزل فوم بالجبيل

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ September 15, 2021 at 8:13 PM  

Rate this, Jen. Thx.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP