Friday, July 11, 2008

Noms de Clavier

O.k. folks, I need some input here. I just signed up for a list serve for mystery readers, and you can take a "Nom de Clavier" if you so choose...The nom can be a character or a deceased writer...just not a living writer because they can have their own name if they participate on the list serve...well, duh. Anyway, I'm trying to decide if I should use one and if yes, what it should be. One of my first thoughts was Esmeralda Diaz from the Myron Bolitar series, but she's already taken. There was not, however, a Tempe Brennan or an Ellie Hatcher - both awesome female protagonists. I was also thinking about Katherine Pollard, Ridley Jones, Amy Ambrose, Sara Linton...some folks crossed genders and there's no Joe Pike, but I think I want to stay with the females - guess I'm not confident enough in my femininity! ;) Vesuvia Adelia Rachel Ortese Aguilar was the protagonist from Mistress of the Art of Death; I really liked her as well...

What are your thoughts? Should I take a nom? What do you like? Do you have other suggestions? Let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous July 13, 2008 at 4:13 PM  

In keeping with your previous blog about Alafair Burke, and yet not assuming the name of a living author, why not Alafair Robicheaux?

Jen Forbus July 13, 2008 at 4:33 PM  

fabulous idea, Naomi!! :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP