Sunday, August 3, 2008

The 2008 Shamus Award Nominations...

I posted earlier that Michael Koryta's A Welcome Grave has been nominated this year for a Shamus Award (Private Eye Writers of America). So, I thought I'd let you know who all the nominees are this year:

Best Hardcover
Head Games by Thomas B. Cavanagh (St. Martins Minotaur/Thomas Dunne Books), featuring Mike Garrity.
Soul Patch by Reed Farrel Coleman (Bleak House Books), featuring Moe Prager.
The Color of Blood by Declan Hughes (William Morrow), featuring Ed Loy.
A Welcome Grave by Michael Koryta (St. Martins Minotaur/Thomas Dunne Books), featuring Lincoln Perry.
A Killer’s Kiss by William Lashner (William Morrow), featuring Victor Carl.

Best Paperback Original
Songs of Innocence by Richard Aleas (Hard Case) featuring John Blake.
Exit Strategy by Kelley Armstrong (Bantam) featuring Nadia Stafford.
Stone Rain by Linwood Barclay (Bantam) featuring Zack Walker.
Deadly Beloved by Max Allan Collins (Hard Case) featuring Ms. Michael Tree.
Blood of Paradise by David Corbett (Mortalis/Ballantine) featuring Jude McManus.

Best First Novel
The Cleaner by Brett Battles (Delacorte), featuring Jonathan Quinn.
Keep It Real by Bill Bryan (Bleak House Books), featuring Ted Collins.
Big City, Bad Blood by Sean Chercover (William Morrow), featuring Ray Dudgeon.
When One Man Dies by Dave White (Three Rivers Press), featuring Jackson Donne.
The Last Striptease by Michael Wiley (St. Martins/Thomas Dunne Books), featuring Joe Kozmarski.

Best Short Story
"Kill the Cat" by Loren D. Estleman, DETROIT NOIR (Akashic), featuring Amos Walker.
"Trust Me" by Loren D. Estleman, Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine, June 2007, featuring Amos Walker.
"Open Mike" by James Nolan, NEW ORLEANS NOIR (Akashic), featuring Vincent Panarello.
“Hungry Enough" by Cornelia Read, A HELL OF A WOMAN (Busted Flush Press), featuring Philip.
"Room for Improvement" by Marilyn Todd, Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Dec. 2007, featuring Lois Hepburn.

Geez, my TBR pile just got higher! The only two I've read on the entire list are Big City, Bad Blood and A Welcome Grave. I'm definitely going to have to check out more of the Best First Novel nominees.

**Reminder: tomorrow is the last day to enter to win one of the seven books I'm giving away. Don't miss your chance to get in the drawings!!**

2 comments:

Anonymous August 3, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

Maybe I shouldn't be so overt about my favorites, but too bad. I hope Koryta wins for Novel and Chercover for First Novel. I'm just glad those two books aren't in the same category, I love both of them. I've not read all of the nominees in those two categories, but I have read several.

Jen, what are your favorites?

Anonymous August 3, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

Oops, looks like I should have read the last part of your post, eh? Sorry!

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP