Friday, August 1, 2008

July Book Blowout Wrap-Up

Well, somehow I squeezed all eight books in for my July goal. I actually added more than eight to my list of read, but I was only allowed to count two of the audio books. Of course, that In the Woods took the time of TWO audiobooks! LOL

Anyway, Mrs. S over at Blue Archipelago asked us to do a wrap-up for the conclusion. Which is also a great opportunity for for me to give a re-cap of my July reading in general. Here are the questions Mrs. S asked us to respond to:

1. Did you discover a new author? Oh boy, did I ever! I discovered Timothy Hallinan, Ed Lynskey, John Lescroart, and Craig Johnson. What a feast of great authors!!

2. Where was the most unusual place you found yourself reading? Well, I wasn't anywhere real unusual. I always carry a book with me in my purse so I read in my car when I got someplace early. But my favorite place to read was out on my front porch in the swing. I love being able to do that in the summer weather! Now IN my books, the most fascinating place I found myself was Bangkok! Thank you Timothy Hallinan for that trip!

3. Did you read more than usual. Yes, I think I fit in more physical books that usual. A large percentage of my books come from audio because I listen in the car on my horrible 45-minute drive to and from work. I also listen on my mp3 player when I'm exercising, walking the dogs, or working in the yard. But the quantity wasn't as great as the quality of the books I had for this month!!

4. Did you give up anything in order to read more? TELEVISION! How refreshing! I've actually been giving it up a lot this summer...well, actually since the writers strike. I thank them actually for striking because I realized how little I need that box! It's so refreshing!!

5. If you won the Amazon voucher, what would you spend it on? I have been eyeing the rest of Craig Johnson's books...so probably that. I'd also like to get my own copy of K.I.A. It would definitely be books, that's for sure!

6. Would you like to see a 2009 Book Blowout? ABSOLUTELY! I had a great time!

O.k., so what were my books for July?

K.I.A. (Thomas Holland)
Dead Irish (John Lescroart) - audio
The Blue Hour (T. Jefferson Parker) - audio
Water for Elephants (Sara Gruen)
In the Woods (Tana French)- audio
The Blue Cheer (Ed Lynskey)
The Fourth Watcher (Timothy Hallinan)
Fleur-de-Lance (Rex Stout)
The Cold Dish (Craig Johnson)
Hope your July reading was as fun-filled as mine, and may your August be as good if not better! Happy Reading!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP