Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Bookclub and A Recommendation from Tyson

I have to share with you that last night I was invited to a book club meeting. At my new company - well, the company doesn't belong to me, I just work there...anyway, there is a group of women that meet for a regular book club. Can I just tell you that I was in heaven? I hope I wasn't overbearing, but having the chance to talk books with people who love reading like me? It's wonderful! I'm already looking forward to the next meeting. I'll try to remember to take pictures and share my new book friends with my faithful book friends here!

Tyson is my nephew. This is Tyson:


And he has a book recommendation for you. I loaned my copy of Dead Connection (Alafair Burke) to my sister, and Tyson thought the book was SO good he had to devour it...literally! Do you remember about a month ago? I drove to Pittsburgh to see Alafair? And she signed all my books? Yeah, well...these things happen. Our "best friends" don't always behave the way we want them to...I know that from first-hand experience. It's simply given me a reason (not that I really needed one) to make a special effort to see her again in the future.


10 comments:

Debbie October 28, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

ohhh....Tyson.
darn it.
gotta love him tho. Look at that face!
I bet she would sign another book if you explained about Tyson.

Sam October 28, 2008 at 7:44 PM  

You are remarkably calm considering the loss of a very special book...I would be freaking out. :-)

Jen Forbus October 28, 2008 at 7:50 PM  

Alafair is the sweetest person on Earth, and I know she will sign my new copy the next time I see her. I'm not worried about that at all. Now, if I never had another chance to see her, then I'd be in a fit of rage. HOWEVER, if I'm going to be mad at anyone, I have to start by being mad at myself. I'm the one who loaned the book out, and I'm the one who took the chance of something happening to it. My sister felt absolutely awful...she was ready to try to call Alafair. It was too cute.

Corey Wilde October 28, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

I have a James Patterson book I'd like to donate to Tyson...

Jen Forbus October 29, 2008 at 6:14 AM  

Corey, you are too funny!! Although, I don't know if he'd want to devour Patterson - after all he opted for Alafair over TWILIGHT! At least he has good taste!!

Alafair Burke October 29, 2008 at 7:32 AM  

Corey, you're funny. Jen, I think we'll figure out a way to replace the book (remember: I really think you need to come to Bouchercon next year). Tell your sister that Tyson needs some more training, though.

darbyscloset October 29, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

Tyson, is a doll! Are you sure it wasn't the cat and he is just taking the blame, why? Because he can! Look at those eyes!!!
Darby
darbyscloset at yahoo dot com

Anonymous October 29, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

Only Tyson's good looks would have saved him from my wrath. He is a handsome feller!

Never mind, Jen, I know you'll get a replacement. And a little adversity is supposed to be character-building. (But still, it was not just an autograph and a book, was it? It's a memory gone. Ouch!)

Anonymous October 29, 2008 at 3:00 PM  

I forgot to say, I'm glad you've joined a book club, Jen. I know you'll have fun. And I'm sure you weren't overbearing, you wouldn't know how!

Jen Forbus October 30, 2008 at 6:02 AM  

Alafair...I'm gonna do my best to be at Bouchercon. I've got my sights set on it!!!

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP