Monday, November 10, 2008

Book Blogger Directory

I wanted to share the Word of the Day with you today. I get the e-mails from Dictionary.com every day and usually I fall behind on reading them because there just aren't enough hours in the day. Plus, I'm trying to figure out an effective way to actually work them into my vocabulary. Just reading the e-mail doesn't usually make it stick. But anyway...

Today's word is horripilation. Doesn't that just LOOK like a fun word? Well, turns out it fits very well for me and come hell or high water, I need to remember this word. It means "the act or process of the hair bristling on the skin, as from cold or fear; goose flesh." The better part of every winter I spend in a state of horripilation, and today as I was walking into work seeing little bitty snow particles coming down I was reminded that winter's here. Ick!

So, now on to the important stuff. One of the goals of the Book Blogger Appreciation Week was compiling a directory of book bloggers. That directory has been completed, and you can find it here. I'm ashamed to say I'm not exactly sure who all had a hand in creating this, but I know Amy from My Friend Amy's blog was the organizer of Book Blogger Appreciation Week and therefore highly involved. But my hat is off to everyone who worked on this because it is incredibly nice. You can search by topic or just have a look at everyone who's in the directory. Know someone, even yourself, who should be in the directory and isn't? Suggest them! There's an option to do just that at the site. Definitely take a minute or two to check it out. It's impressive. And feel free to pass the word as well!

Stay warm and happy reading!

3 comments:

Anonymous November 10, 2008 at 10:27 PM  

I thought 'horripilation' meant the feeling I get when I look at the pile of books designated TBR.

Anonymous July 21, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

its a nice site. i hope i get more info from your site in future. you can check my site where lots of ebooks and technical information are available here-->

http://dhonuk.blogspot.com

Anonymous November 7, 2009 at 12:33 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP