Saturday, November 29, 2008

This and That...

Just a few tidbits before I toddle off to Tyson-proof my house - my sister's nine-month-old boxer is coming to stay until tomorrow evening and I have to create a safe haven for the cats and also hide all the books (remember Tyson at my copy of Dead Connection).

Anyway...

Shelf Awareness had this picture of President-elect Obama that I wanted to post:

They later apologized becaused they had listed this as the first book sighting with Obama. They were corrected by someone who informed them the first sighting was actually Obama with a book of poetry. Regardless I'm tickled pink to see and hear him associated with books, period. He's also been reported as reading books about Kennedy and Roosevelt as he prepares to take office in the midst of this termoil.

Another little tidbit is that the Mystery Lover's Bookshop has extended their free shipping offer until Monday. They also have some additional discounts if you purchase so much. You can find out all about that and order books for your loved ones (or yourself) here. They will also special order for you if you want something that isn't mystery. In addition to books you can find some very cool puzzles and games. When I was out there this past September, I had a blast checking everything out.

And my last little announcement for today is about an author I just love, Linda Fairstein. She has a new book due out February 10, 2009. It's called Lethal Legacy and it takes place primarily in a New York City Library. Her NYC setting choices are always so intriguing to me. She originally hooked me when I read the book jacket for Entombed. The fact that it had a connection to Edgar Allen Poe was enough for me to check her out. I've been a fan ever since. You can check out Linda's website where she has a contest going to win a copy of Lethal Legacy. If you enter - tell her I said, "hi." I'm hoping she comes close enough in the Lethal Legacy tour for me to get to meet her in person. Fingers crossed!

Happy Reading!!


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP