Saturday, January 10, 2009

Leather Pants?

I'll often check on my stats and look at what people are googling to bring them to me. Many times I've thought, "how did MY blog come up on a search for THAT?" But never have I reacted as incredulously as when I read this google search in my stats:

"What type of glue to use when heming leather pants."

Maybe it was the fact that hemming is spelled wrong? I decided to back track to figure out why. Here's the entry on Google that brought this surfer to me:


Jen's Book Thoughts: October 2008
And the idea of the leather pants, the orange fur coat...he definitely stands .... like the glue...keeping all the pieces together when times turn rough.
...jensbookthoughts.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html - 252k - Cached - Similar pages -

And here's the post that most of it comes from. It actually takes my October posts as a whole to amass leather, pants and glue. I was thankful I didn't have hemming misspelled somewhere!

So that all leads me to one more question. And note: I'm not ungrateful for anyone visiting my blog, maybe I can grab a new reader this way. But if you were looking for a way to hem leather pants, what exactly about that Google entry would entice you to click it?

Maybe what I should start doing is checking the topics that are most often Googled and somehow embed those words in my posts! ;)

The one thing I know for sure is that we won't be doing any sewing around here! I'm a crafty person, but the sewing machine and I never really managed to get along. So, I have no recommendations for glue to use when hemming leather pants. I'm sure the folks at JoAnn Fabrics could help you, though!

Happy Reading everyone!

4 comments:

Corey Wilde January 10, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

I think anyone who wants to hem leather pants would probably also be quite interested in the 'orange fur coat.' I know that caught my eye!

Anonymous January 10, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

That's what I was going to say. It was probably the 'orange fur coat'. Ooooh, where can I get me one of those??? Ha!

Couldn't you use a little glue stick to hem leather pants? Ha!

Jen Forbus January 10, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

Well, I guess if the orange fur coat stood out enough for me to comment about it in my review, then it would probably catch my eye, too!

Kay, if I had to hem leather pants, God forbid, I'd probably try to do something like use a glue stick! ;)

Anonymous January 10, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

Hemming leather pants would indicate one intends to wear them. Ewww.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP