Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thursday's This and That

This is almost becoming a regular thing..."Thursday's This and That." But I have a few fun things to share with you. The first comes from a newsletter I received this morning from Michael Stanley. June 2nd will unveil the new Kubu novel here in the United States. This book will be called THE SECOND DEATH OF GOODLUCK TINUBU. Definitely looking forward to that release. There will be some more fun news about Kubu here on my blogiversary, so make sure you check back on Monday!

I read a daily e-mail called Shelf Awareness, and I discovered this blog through that. I found Tom Campbell's commentary pretty interesting. It was in response to this article from the New York Times. I have to agree with Tom on the end of selling books. It really isn't worth the trouble for me to try to sell books I don't want anymore online. I usually either give them away, take them to a used bookstore or sell them in a garage sale. Tom's post about people lying about what they read is pretty good as well. Can't say as I've lied about what I've read lately, though.

I'm checking fairly regularly over at the L.A. Times site. They are supposed to post the authors attending this year's book festival this month. Hopefully it will be soon. I can't wait to see.

And finally, a great post by Lesa about the importance of libraries in this economy. It's a great post for all non-librarians.

Have a wonderful Friday and happy reading!!


1 comments:

LisaMay January 9, 2009 at 6:27 AM  

Happy Thursday! Thanks for the links :)

http://lookatthatbook.blogspot.com

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP