Monday, April 27, 2009

And the Award Goes To...

Hi all! Back on the homefront. Happy to be back with all my critters, but missing my sister and her critters, too.

I have lots to share with you. Friday night at the Mystery Book Store in L.A., Saturday at the L.A. Times Festival of Books and at least seven books to review. Whew! I think I need another week of vacation just to get this done.

But, before I do any of that, I have to wish MICHAEL KORYTA a hearty congratulations for winning the L.A. Times Book Prize in the Mystery/Thriller category for ENVY THE NIGHT! Way to go, Michael! This is a well-deserved award. ENVY THE NIGHT is a top-notch book; if you haven't read it yet, what are you waiting for? It's a must read! I wish I could have been present to see the actual award ceremony (it was a "closed" affair); Robert Crais presented Michael with his award. How cool would THAT ceremony have been?

Anyway, many congratulations to Michael! And keep checkin' back. I'll post my fun stuff as quickly as I can. And we have a lot of great fun coming up in addition to my SoCal trip as well...some new AWESOME interviews, some book giveaways, a new series of posts I'm putting together...maybe I'll even rustle up some new guest bloggers. I might need a rest after all this blogging! ;)

Happy Reading!


2 comments:

Corey Wilde April 28, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

Good to have you back on the job, Jen.

Great news about Koryta's book, and the award should surprise no one.

Jen Forbus April 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Thanks Corey! You're right. No one should be surprised ENVY is outstanding!

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP