Wednesday, April 8, 2009

While I can't say that this audio clip surprises me, it does disappoint me. I suppose if attractive people are more likely to win a job, they're going to be more likely to have manuscripts read. But, I still find that extremely disturbing. I don't care what a person looks like if he/she can write a good book.

Maybe the writers should all hold a revolt and refuse to put their pictures on book jackets...or better yet, put someone else's picture on their book jacket! I think I know a few who would be relieved not to have to do photo shoots anymore! :)

Happy Reading!!



1 comments:

Corey Wilde April 8, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

I dunno how much I buy into this. Not like there was a scientific study done, was there? And have you ever reviewed a book based on an author photo? Me neither. Ever refuse to read a book based on an author photo? Me neither. Why do I get the feeling Christopher Hitchens, Janet Maslin, Oline Cogdill, David Montgomery, et al, haven't done it either. Maybe some small handful of book bloggers do it, but then every clan has a squirrel or two in the family tree.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP