Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Couple Odds and Ends

I want to write a quick post to share a few tidbits with you, but then I have to skedaddle and get some research done for an interview.

First, I wanted to give you this link. I've signed up to do a 12-hour mystery reading marathon. If you're interested, you can go here to sign up as well. I'm hoping the day is nice and then I'll read outside. But, if not, reading inside is fine too. Having a reason to dedicate 12 hours to reading is a good thing regardless of the weather. I'm going to neglect all house work, all yard work, all requests to go out, everything. I shouldn't have any trouble finding great material to fill my 12 hours either! I'll blog and Twitter throughout that day to let you know about my progress. And if you're participating, leave some comments here while you read to let us all know about YOUR progress!

Next up, if you haven't been over to St. Martin's Moments in Crime blog this week, GET THE LEAD OUT!!! Ken Bruen is blogging this week and I'm crazy about this guy. He ROCKS! I don't care if I have to turn into stalker-woman, I'm meeting him at Bouchercon!! ;)

Monday I posted the very first Monday Mystery Backlist column. I'm going to make it a regular column/post/whatever you want to call it. But, I want there to be a lot of diversity to it, not just the kind of mystery I like. So, I'm asking other mystery lovers, whether they be readers, writers, book sellers, who ever, to submit for this column. So if you have a mystery book that was published at least one year ago that you'd like to see on the Monday Mystery Backlist post, write up a summary of the book (no spoilers please), include the publication information, e-mail it to me and I'll work it into the schedule. You'll, obviously get the credit for the post. The only stipulation is that if you're an author, it can't be your own book. It has to be something you've read by someone else that you don't want folks to forget about. I'll definitely be knocking on some virtual doors to solicit submissions, so if you don't volunteer, don't be surprised when I come calling! ;)

And finally my biggest news of the day...big, big, big!!! Tomorrow there's a new interview. Are you ready for this? OH MY LANDS!!! The writing team of Michael Stanley will be here!!!! Can you believe it? It's so awesome. I can't wait for you to meet these two creators of Detective Kubu. AND, it gets better. What, you say, could possibly make it any better? WELL! Harper so kindly donated a brand new trade paper copy of A CARRION DEATH for me to give away to a lucky reader! Is this cause for celebration or what? I really hope that you'll stop back by tomorrow and say "hi," enter the contest and then tell your friends!

In the mean time, let me get back to work so I can continue to bring you fun interviews! See ya tomorrow...don't forget!


3 comments:

Kaye Wilkinson Barley - Meanderings and Muses May 14, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

Jen - Hey!!!!!
Just popping in to say how much I'm enjoying all your great ideas. You're doing some terrific stuff here, girl - keep up the good work!

I'm not going to be able to join you in your 12 hour mystery reading marathon, but hoping to be able to participate in your Monday Mystery Backlist column.

Hugs!
Kaye

Corey Wilde May 14, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

King Ken, there's no one like him. Thanks for the heads-up.

I still haven't decided on a book for your Backlist blog. I'll get there though.

TLC June 3, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Would love it if you would follow @storyexperiment on twitter. Your imagination and talend is just what we need.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP