Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday's This and That

Wow! June is off to an amazing start, huh? Another backlist title that I want to go snatch up! Again, many thanks to Corey for his contribution on the Monday Mystery Backlist title.

A guest post from Lisa Unger. Have you entered to win the signed copy of her newest book, DIE FOR YOU? Make sure you do that. You can find the details here.

Then we had the second week of six-word memoirs. They are just so much fun. I look forward to hearing what each author is going to say. Hope you do, too.

There's still a ton more excitement to come this month. My blog calendar simply looks wild for June, I'm tellin' ya. So make sure you check back regularly.

Other things to tell you about. You know that I'm going to participate in this Mystery Reading Marathon this Sunday. Looking forward to a full day of reading mystery! I'll be posting some blogs and Tweets about my progress that day, too, so check in with me. Still haven't quite decided what I'm going to be reading, but I have it narrowed down to a couple choices. We'll see. The weather looks like it's going to be agreeable that day as well. I'm hoping I can spend the better part of my 12 hours on the front porch swing with my book!

Then on Monday, I'm headed over to PA to visit the Mystery Lovers Bookshop and see the amazing Craig Johnson. Absolutely can't wait for that!

I don't really tend to join reading challenges, mostly because I just don't end up following through on them. But this one I thought was a fantastic idea. It's about recommending and receiving recommendations. I have to get back over and read some of the other participants' bios so I can make some recommendations. And hopefully, I'll get a great recommendation as well. Maybe more than one. Check it out if you're interested!

Some excellent books have been released recently that I think we need to acknowledge. First ANGEL'S TIP (Alafair Burke) was released in paperback. So, if you've been thinking you want to check it out because I raved so much about it (and it was in my top reads of 2008), now's a great time because it's at a great price! PLUS, the next Elllie Hatcher will be out around February, so you can get caught up before 212 comes out. Also, you know that Lisa Unger's DIE FOR YOU was released on Tuesday. Also released on Tuesday, the book I've been yammering about for several months, THE SECOND DEATH OF GOODLUCK TINUBU (Michael Stanley). I haven't picked up mine yet because on the 15th I'm headed up to MI to Aunt Agatha's bookstore to see the awesome due of Michael Sears and Stanley Trollip. I'll be buying my copy then! I told you June was just a crazy awesome month!

And I'll leave you with this link to the trailer for the book I'm devouring right now, BREATHING WATER by Timothy Hallinan. I use to listen to a radio show that Shadoe Stevens did. So nice to hear his voice again.

Have a GREAT Thursday and happy reading!


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP