Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Mystery Backlist - The Wheelman

This week's Monday Mystery Backlist title is another one that is new to me and that was contributed by Corey Wilde over at The Drowning Machine. Many thanks to Corey for sharing with us THE WHEELMAN by Duane Swierczynski:

A darkly funny rocket-ride of a story about a mute, Irish getaway driver named Lennon whose gang of bank robbers hit a particularly bad patch one day. Lennon's money is stolen, he is betrayed and left for dead. Somebody should have made sure he was, because Lennon now lives for two things: Getting his money back, and getting even. Toss in a hired gun, a dirty cop, mobsters of various ethnic backgrounds, all of them moving at the speed of light and in opposing directions, well, hey. There's bound to be a collision - or several - along the way.

THE WHEELMAN was published by St. Martin's Minotaur in hardcover (978-0312343774) in 2005 and in trade paper (978-0312343781) in 2006.

There goes my TBR list again! And I really get in trouble when I visit Corey's blog. If you haven't been over there lately, you have to pay a visit. He's been catching up on reviews and I've been the one drowning in new books on my ever-growing TBR list! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous August 24, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

I like Swierczynski's stuff, but lately he's been doing a lot of comics. I'd rather have a book.

le0pard13 August 24, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

This sounds like a wonderful heist caper. Thanks Jen and Corey.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP