Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Whirlwind Week

Whew! This week flew by. And that old adage holds true: time flies when you're having fun. It was a very good week for Jen's Book Thoughts. Not only did we have TWO fabulous guest posts and another great 6-Word Memoir week, BUT Jen's Book Thoughts ended up with FIVE Book Blogger Appreciation Week Award Nominations!

THANK YOU!

I am literally flabbergasted. I know I pestered you all to get over and get your votes in, but I honestly did not expect to receive five nominations. And bless whoever voted for Jen's Book Thoughts for Best Non-Fiction Blog, but since out of my 450 posts only 5 are related to non-fiction books, I declined the nomination so I wouldn't be wasting the committee's time. The five nominations that I received because of you all were:

Best Mystery/Thriller/Suspense Blog
Best General Review Blog
Best Series/Feature - for "You Have the Right to Six Words: Six-Word Memoirs from Crime Fiction's Best Writers."
Best Writing
Best Reviews

So what happens now is I've submitted five posts for each of these nominations. Those five posts will be given to the members of a committee (each category has its own committee), and a "short list" will be based on their ratings of all the nominees. So we wait now. I can tell you that I can not be short-listed for all five categories. For the niche categories, a blog can only be nominated in one category. So Best Mystery/Thriller/Suspense Blog and Best General Review Blog can't both result in short list nominations. That means at the most I could be short listed for four categories. In all honesty, I would be over the moon if I was short-listed in one. I am grateful beyond words just for these nominations; I am beyond flattered at the Best Writing and Best Reviews nominations. Truly folks, "thank you" doesn't even come close to expressing my gratitude.

Enough gushing. I am hoping to get a couple reviews up this weekend. I am now officially seven reviews behind. Yikes! September has a lot in store. I have some big giveaways coming up so be on the look out for those. Of course Book Blogger Appreciation Week will be coming up in September. I have a couple interviews, a couple guest spots, and hopefully a whole lot of fun.

My puppies are going to be in a blog contest next week. They - or rather their pictures - are being entered in the Dog Days of Summer contest at Literate Housewife's blog. I will also be reviewing one of the books for Jennifer's theme week, too. You know I can't resist anything having to do with dogs! I need to find someone who can make me a button for my blog that is dog-related. Anyone know how to do that?

The Shamus Award Nominations for 2009 have been announced. Bill Crider has them posted over at his blog, so I'll let you step over there and see the list. The winners will, of course be announced at a reception at Bouchercon.

That's enough for now because I'm hoping to post again later with a review. Until then...happy reading!



Countdown to Bouchercon: 54 days!


6 comments:

Literate Housewife August 22, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

Congratulations on all of your awards! They're well deserved!

Good luck to your puppies next week! Thanks again for joining me for Dog Days of Summer week.

Corey Wilde August 22, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

Congratulations, you've worked very hard this year and it's good to see you getting the deserved recognition.

rhapsodyinbooks August 22, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

Congratulations on all your nominations! I think you should have gotten one also for your wallpaper!

Good luck to your puppies too!

Jen Forbus August 22, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

You guys are the BEST! Thanks everyone!! :)

Lori L August 22, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

Congratulations on all your nominations!

Serena August 23, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

Congrats on all the great nominations. I haven't heard from any of the mystery writers you contacted yet, about giveaways for BBAW, but that's ok.

OO, dog days is going to be fun. I submitted a photo to the literate housewife giveaway contest too. This should be fun!

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP