Monday, October 19, 2009

Top 10 Things I Learned at Bouchercon

O.k., I have so much to share with you all about Bouchercon. There aren't enough adjectives to describe the extent of amazing-ness. There WILL be other Bouchercon's for me, but this one will always hold a very special honor in my memories.

So, anyway, I'm going to start out with a quick little fun post before I load you down with all the fabulous details. Here are the top 10 things I learned at Bouchercon in Indianapolis:

10. It is still legal to smoke in a bar in Indianapolis. It was a little strange to see since it is not legal in Ohio to do so.

9. Reed Farrel Coleman is a very good dancer.


8. Steve Hockensmith knows his television commercials, but didn't know he was writing a western.

7. While I seem to be cold most all of my life, I was not so at Bouchercon and should have packed lighter clothes to avoid the embarrassing sweating! October in Indianapolis - who knew?

6. Brett Battles is a true gentleman. There are some left!

5. Sophie Littlefield will break my husband's knees (whoever my husband may turn out to be) if he's ever bad to me.

4. Michael Connelly discovered Robert Crais wasn't really reading his Harry Bosch books when they decided to have their characters cameo in each other's novels.

3. If Chris Grabenstein ever decides to stop writing (I'll break HIS knees - no, just kidding), he can pursue a career as an auctioneer.


2. Tom Schreck and Jason Pinter are both VERY tall - and yes, VERY handsome.


1. I absolutely LOVE being called a part of this family! :)



12 comments:

Jen - Devourer of Books October 19, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

Oh, it looks like you had SO MUCH fun!

Jen Forbus October 19, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

I absolutely did, Jen! It was fabulous!! I don't think I stopped smiling the entire weekend!!

le0pard13 October 19, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Wow, sounds like a great time was had! Love that tidbit about RC and the Bosch novels. Looking forward to the rest of the reports on the 'B' weekend, Jen. Thanks.

Lesa October 19, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

Great picture of Chris, Jen! I'm glad you were there to see him win his Anthony.

Oh, and I swiped some of your information about Full Disclosure. That's my full disclosure. (grin) Thanks for the heads-up.

Corey Wilde October 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

Funny about RC - why am I not surprised though?

Looks like you had a terrific time and I can't wait to read more.

Sophie Littlefield October 19, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

I'll break his knees *and* bust out a few teeth, Jen. Let it be known. :) PS How fun was that gen-u-ine Hoosier bar???

Pop Culture Nerd October 19, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

Welcome back, Jen! Fun pics and tidbits. Looking forward to more. Specifically, I'm looking for answers to these questions:

1) Who was the funniest drunk?
2) How many phone numbers did you get?
3) Who looked best in tight jeans?
4) Did anyone smell like chocolate?

Thanks!

Naomi Johnson October 19, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

How does the scrapbook look now? Did you get a lot of those pages signed?

Jen Forbus October 19, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

Lesa, take whatever you would like! I do not mind one iota. Chris is wonderful and I was so happy that he won. He was hysterical m.c'ing the auction, too. You HAVE to see that!

Sophie, that gen-u-ine Hoosier bar was fabulous! ;) I should have taken pictures there. So mad at myself for not getting any. Blasted!! You are wonderful! Thank you!!!

PCN, we have to talk on the QT, girl! ;) No phone #s, but I noticed jeans!! ;)

Naomi, pictures will come. It looks amazing and the white pen was absolutely PERFECT! Owe you big time for helping me out on that one. Can't wait for you to see how great it was!

Jon The Crime Spree Guy October 19, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

We are family...!

You are so lucky you can't hear me singing, my cats want me to leave again....

Sophie Littlefield October 20, 2009 at 1:58 AM  

I just might have a hoosier bar photo :)

also the scrapbook was amazing. that's *two* talents that I know about - wonder how many you're hiding??

S. Krishna October 23, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

This list is too funny! I loved the pictures!

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP