Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Cup Runneth Over

Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers celebrating today. It's a time for me to remember all that I am thankful for this year. I think this year more than any other I've been acutely aware throughout the entire year, not just on our specified holiday. This has simply been an amazing year for me, and today I'd like to express a little of my gratitude.

My warmest and most heartfelt thanks go out to everyone who has contributed to this blog in 2009. Some people have contributed visually - you see their guest posts, their interviews, their 6-word memoirs, etc. Others have been contributing behind the scenes: David Thompson is forever opening my eyes to new and wonderful crime fiction, Linda Brown and Bobby McCue have given more than I can even begin to mention. Lesa Holstine is my mentor; I admire her and often look to her for advice. All the people who comment and send me emails motivate me and remind me daily how much I love this blog and the interaction with everyone.

Jon and Ruth Jordan. I am convinced they are my angels sent from God. They've given me a place I belong - welcomed me into the Crimespree Family - and there simply is no greater gift.

To all the authors who have entrusted me with their works of art, thank you for caring what I thought. You've given me endless hours of entertainment and things to talk about...especially on Twitter! ;) Many thanks to those who have taken the time to answer interview questions or create guest posts. And most of all, thanks to everyone who contributed to the six-word memoir project - you guys put me on the map with that project. It is near and dear to my heart, as are all of you. You are welcome here ANY day!

To the publishers and PR reps, thanks for thinking of the small-time hobby blogger who just loves to read and talk crime fiction.

To my special friends that I've met through this blog: Corey, Michael, Elyse, Kaye, and Naomi. Who would have thought? You're all over the country and yet we've become friends through this crazy Internet. You guys are wonderful and I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams.

And every one of you that stops to read my blog. Whether you comment, send an email or just lurk, thank you for sharing this love with me. It's gratifying to talk to people about these books and not have you react like I'm off my rocker. I was recently asked why I think the crime fiction community is so close knit. That's easy - it's the nature of the people. As I grew excited this year for various author events, Bouchercon, Murder and Mayhem, etc., you got excited with me. THANK YOU! You tolerated all my stories and pictures. THANK YOU! And you still came back afterward. THANK YOU!

I'd probably still be here talking to thin air even if you didn't come to share with me, but gosh it sure is more fun with you all!

THANK YOU!


11 comments:

Kaye Wilkinson Barley - Meanderings and Muses November 26, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!
Huge Hugs,
Kaye

rhapsodyinbooks November 26, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

Thanks to you too, for your great reviews and interviews!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Naomi Johnson November 26, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

Stop it, you're making my eyes leak.

Lesa November 26, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

Oh, Jen! Thank you. I said to Jim, ohhhh. Jen said, "Lesa Holstine is my mentor; I admire her and often look to her for advice." Thank you, so much! I don't think of myself as your mentor. I think of us as a pair of people who share a love of books, a passion for crime fiction and the authors who write it, and two people who share so much in common. You're just as much an inspiration to me.

Happy Thanksgiving, Jen. And, thank you!

Lesa - http://www.lesasbookcritiques.blogspot.com

le0pard13 November 26, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

Happiest of Thanksgivings, Jen.

Jen Forbus November 26, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

You all are so wonderful! Thank you so, so much. Thank you for your comments and for sharing all this with me. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Lesa, thank you! Your words mean the world to me.

Unknown November 26, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

Happy Thanksgivings, Jen. As you might know we don't celebrate this holiday here in Mexico, but I do appreciate the wonderful think that is a day when you make yourself stop and "stare" at all the things you are grateful for.

Have a great festivity, and I'm looking forward to visiting your blog more often.

Carrie K. November 27, 2009 at 12:01 AM  

Happy Thanksgiving, Jen!

Hilary Davidson November 27, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

Jen, I hope that you know many people out there are grateful for you, too. Thanks for all you do for the crime community. (And a belated happy Thanksgiving!)

Jen Forbus November 27, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

Hi Poncho! So thrilled to "see" you. I'm so excited that I'm getting the chance to know you through our special circle with Elyse and Michael and Corey!

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too Carrie. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Hilary, you are wonderful. Your comment means more than youcan even begin to imagine. I'm sending you virtual hugs until I can give you a real one in person!

Pop Culture Nerd November 30, 2009 at 3:07 PM  

Oh, Jen, you're so kind. Hope your Thanksgiving was great and that the upcoming holidays will be filled with all your favorite people and things.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP