Thursday, February 4, 2010

Win It Before You Can Buy It!

I have a couple fun things to share with you. The first one I can now officially announce because Chris has sent out some advance copies of his new book, ROLLLING THUNDER. It is the next book you have to place on your "must buy" list. ROLLING THUNDER is book number six in the John Ceepak series, and Officer Jen Forbus has joined the ranks of the Sea Haven Police Department! AND, you'll love this part, her speciality is...witness interviews! My partner in law enforcement is Nikki Bonanni, for those of you who know Nikki. I was fortunate enough to read ROLLING THUNDER in its pre-editing stages and can tell you that had I been left on the cutting room floor again, this still would have been a wonderful book in the tradition of the Ceepak series. I'm so excited for May when it's released and you'll all have a chance to check it out - and it's available already to preorder. So, put it on your radars, and I'll be reviewing it a tad closer to release date - but, I'm in it, what else could you possibly need to know? ;-)

The other fun item I have to share with you is a new contest! The wonderfully generous folks at Putnam contacted me with a giveaway offer. Here's a chance for you to win the new Alex Berenson spy thriller, THE MIDNIGHT HOUSE. This book releases this Tuesday and I will run the contest until noon Eastern on Monday. Then I'll turn the winner's contact information over to the kind folks at Putnam, and they'll send the winner his/her book.

If you aren't familiar with Alex Berenson, he's worked as a journalist for both the Denver Post and the New York Times. His first novel, THE FAITHFUL SPY, earned him an Edgar Award and his subsequent books have landed him on the New York Times Bestseller list. THE MIDNIGHT HOUSE is the fourth book in his John Wells series. You can read more about the entire series here.

O.k., so here's the skinny on the contest. It is open to all U.S. and Canadian residents. You must complete the entire form below before noon on Monday, February 8th to be eligible for the drawing. That's all there is to it. Good luck!


6 comments:

bermudaonion February 4, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

Oh my gosh! That is so awesome news!

Pop Culture Nerd February 4, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

SO exciting to be in a book, Jen! Congrats! How can you even sleep at night?

Tea February 5, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

It is awesome!

Anonymous February 6, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

Wow! Really!! Jen, you are famous. That is really cool and I know you are so excited. My mystery group was asking me the other night when there would be a new Ceepak/Boyle book. I told them that one was coming in the next few months. Now I'll have to tell them your fun news. I can't wait for this book!

Jen Forbus February 6, 2010 at 11:07 PM  

Hey! Thanks everyone. I'm really excited about my character.

And PCN, who said anything about sleeping. I haven't had a wink since I found out! ;-)

Get the word out Kay! Everyone will need a copy of this book! All kidding aside, I can assure your book club that they will love the next Ceepak. It is classic Ceepak to the hilt!

Naomi Johnson February 7, 2010 at 12:00 AM  

Officer Jen! Congrats on making the force. Now go arrest Brad Parks for slander. Oh, wait, that's a tort, not a crime, right?

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP