Friday, March 5, 2010

World's Favorite Detective Tournament Entry Form

Here's your chance to enter the contest for signed novels in the World's Greatest Detective Tournament. If you need to see the bracket again, you can access that here. The prizes for this contest are also outlined at that link.

As promised, I'm listing the detectives with links to places you can learn more about them. If you're like me, you don't know all the detectives on this list and may need to do some research before submitting your entry. So here are the 64 authors with their links:
  1. Harry Bosch (Michael Connelly)

  2. Elvis Cole (Robert Crais)

  3. John Rebus (Ian Rankin)

  4. Dave Robicheaux (James Lee Burke)

  5. Kinsey Milhone (Sue Grafton)

  6. Spenser (Robert B. Parker)

  7. Lucas Davenport (John Sandford)

  8. Alex Cross (James Patterson)

  9. Sherlock Holmes (Arthur Conan Doyle)

  10. Hercule Poirot (Agatha Christie)

  11. Alan Banks (Peter Robinson)

  12. V.I. Warshawski (Sara Paretsky)

  13. Philip Marlowe (Raymond Chandler)

  14. Lew Archer (Ross Macdonald)

  15. Jack Taylor (Ken Bruen)

  16. Kurt Wallander (Henning Mankell)

  17. Walt Longmire (Craig Johnson)

  18. Salvo Montalbano (Andrea Camilleri)

  19. Harry Hole (Jo Nesbø)

  20. Sam Spade (Dashiell Hammett)

  21. Joe Leaphorn (Tony Hillerman)

  22. Jim Chee (Tony Hillerman)

  23. Moe Prager (Reed Farrel Coleman)

  24. Adam Dalgleish (P.D. James)

  25. Roderick Alleyn (Ngaio Marsh)

  26. Charlie Parker (John Connolly)

  27. Lindsay Boxer (James Patterson)

  28. Guido Brunetti (Donna Leon)

  29. Jonathan Stride (Brian Freeman)

  30. Erlendur (Arnaldur Indridason)

  31. Ray Dudgeon (Sean Chercover)

  32. Reginald Wexford (Ruth Rendell)

  33. Nero Wolfe (Rex Stout)

  34. Andy Dalziel (Reginald Hill)

  35. Tom Thorne (Mark Billingham)

  36. Matthew Scudder (Lawrence Block)

  37. John Ceepak (Chris Grabenstein)

  38. Travis McGee (John D. MacDonald)

  39. Easy Rawlins (Walter Mosley)

  40. Jesse Stone (Robert B. Parker)

  41. Bernie Gunther (Philip Kerr)

  42. John Corey (Nelson DeMille)

  43. Will Trent (Karin Slaughter)

  44. Virgil Flowers (John Sandford)

  45. Lincoln Rhyme (Jeffery Deaver)

  46. Carson Ryder (Jack Kerley)

  47. Eve Dallas (J.D. Robb)

  48. Patrick Kenzie (Dennis Lehane)

  49. Kate Shugak (Dana Stabenow)

  50. Endeavour Morse (Colin Dexter)

  51. Cork O'Conner (William Kent Krueger)

  52. Sam Purdy (Stephen White)

  53. David "Kubu" Bengu (Michael Stanley)

  54. Lincoln Perry (Michael Koryta)

  55. Pepe Carvalho (Manuel Vazquez Montalban)

  56. Armand Gamache (Louise Penny)

  57. Tess Monaghan (Laura Lippman)

  58. Tom Brant (Ken Bruen)

  59. Charlie Resnick (John Harvey)

  60. Jean-Baptiste Adamsberg (Fred Vargas)

  61. Aloysius Pendergast (Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child)

  62. Skin Kadash (Bill Cameron)

  63. Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

  64. Ellie Hatcher (Alafair Burke)
This contest is open to entrants WORLD WIDE, but you have to have your entry submitted by midnight U.S. Eastern Time on March 8th, so don't delay. Any incomplete or late entries will be disqualified. Be sure to read the directions and ask if you have any questions.

Good luck!

9 comments:

Christine March 5, 2010 at 8:08 AM  

Done! ;-)

Anonymous March 5, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

I didn't vote for who I think is most popular, I voted for who I truly enjoy reading. This is how I also do my basketball bracket and usually lose, so I am prepared for that.

darbyscloset March 5, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

Hi Jen,
Thank goodness......I thought you were going to have us fill out the whole thing on-line!!!
Thanks for doing this....it's fun! At least I know who these character's are vs the basketball players ..... oh and btw "Go KU"!!!
I may be a bit partial in my detective picks and my basketball picks....yet it's all good!
Darby

Ryan March 5, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

Got mine done.

Kaye Wilkinson Barley - Meanderings and Muses March 5, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

That was hard!!

Naomi Johnson March 5, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

My entry is in. Whew! Conflicting loyalties at work.

Serena March 6, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

I just finished my entry and I am feeling sad....I like more of the detectives on one side than the other!

Beth F March 7, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

Done! I tried to go for who I thought others would pick...

Unknown March 7, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

I'm in. I was happy with the bracket layout because four of my favorites ended up in my final 4.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP