Sunday, April 11, 2010

Detectives Around the World - Sunday


To help us kick off the festivities, we have a couple of bloggers posting reviews today. And I have the scavenger hunt information available for you.

First, Charlotte is reviewing L.J. Sellers SECRETS TO DIE FOR at the Blood Red Pencil blog. Sellers' Detective Jackson calls Oregon home.

Later today, Trish will be reviewing Michelle Gagnon's THE TUNNELS at Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'? While Michelle's series with Agent Kelly moves around, THE TUNNELS finds her in New England.

And finally, the first chance you have at winning for this theme week. On Saturday I will be posting a form here at Jen's Book Thoughts with 15 questions collected from various blogs participating in the theme week. All the answers can be found at their theme week posts. All you have to do is find the answers and complete the form.

There will be three winners for this scavenger hunt. The first place winner will receive a $20 gift certificate to Mystery Lovers Bookshop. The second and third place winners will each receive a novel of their choice from the prize cache. If multiple people have perfect responses, the winners will be chosen from a drawing.

So that you can find the answers as you read the posts throughout the week, I've posted a worksheet of the questions here. If you have any trouble accessing this document, email me and I'll send you a copy electronically.

The contest is open to anyone anywhere. Well, maybe not the folks up on the space station. I'm not sure what shipping would be THERE. But, you know what I mean. You will have from Saturday to Monday to submit your responses if you wish to be considered for the contest. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments or email me.

Technorati Tags:


4 comments:

Anonymous April 11, 2010 at 2:34 PM  

Jen, you are a marvel and I think this whole thing sounds wonderously fun. I'm looking forward to immersing myself in detectives this week. Figuratively of course. :-)

Christine April 12, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

This is going to be so much fun! Kay said it, you are indeed a marvel!

I've got the questions printed out and sitting by the computer to jot down the answers as I find them! ;)

Neil Plakcy April 13, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

I'm reading Chris Grabenstein's Rolling Thunder, and a character named Jen Forbus just popped up. I thought, I know her!
I'm jealous that you've already read The Gentlemen's Hour. I love Don Winslow-- will have to add that to my "to buy" list when I go to England for Crime Fest this summer.

Serena April 14, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

thanks for the scavenger hunt...sounds fun

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP