Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Caught! - Michael Connelly

I can't believe that Michael Connelly is often without a book in his hands...when he isn't writing that is. He's so well read in the genre. Here he's caught reading one I recently finished, Don Winslow's POWER OF THE DOG.



I had to chuckle when I received this picture because Michael Connelly said at Bouchercon that he's not a big fan of long books since he's a slow reader. Lord can I identify with that. But sometimes those epic novels can just snag you and not let go. POWER OF THE DOG is one such book.

Michael Connelly's most recent publications are THE SCARECROW and NINE DRAGONS. We're looking forward to his release of THE REVERSAL later this year.

Technorati Tags: , ,

9 comments:

Lesa May 4, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

Jen,

I just love seeing what the authors are reading! Thanks for sharing these pictures.

JournoMich May 4, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

Thanks for sharing! Connelly is one of my favorite authors. His books are crisp and modern, yet noir in their own way.

I didn't know he was a slow reader, thanks for sharing.

Michele
SouthernCityMysteries

Word Lily May 4, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

Yes, big books can be daunting -- but they also hold potential greatness!

CJ West May 4, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

Great pic! Michael is a great guy. I've met him at Bcon and LCC. And I'm really enjoying Scarecrow when I don't have something I'm trying to read for my show.

CJ

Pop Culture Nerd May 4, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

This is such a cute picture. Are you going to make a scrapbook of these photos and get them signed, too? I hope Winslow gets a PR-boost from this!

I'm already addicted to this series, Jen. I find myself repeatedly checking in the evenings to see if you've posted the latest photo.

Anonymous May 4, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

I almost forgot to stop by and see who was caught today.
Nice fun fact about Connelly and his slow reading. Interesting because at the speed he cranks out his books I would figure him to be a fast reader.

darbyscloset May 4, 2010 at 10:46 PM  

Jen,
I bet posting this pic gave you a silent/inside chuckle as well (!).... ;-*
Darby

Naomi Johnson May 4, 2010 at 11:11 PM  

I think I'm going to nickname you "Scoop." You personify that old quote from the infamous Nathan Bedford Forrest: "Get thar the firstest with the mostest."

Jen Forbus May 5, 2010 at 6:07 AM  

Naomi, "Scoop" is sure a step up from my other names lately! LOL

Thanks everyone. I have to thank Michael's publicist for this great picture. She sent it my way, and I just have to say I think she's the cat's pajamas!

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP