Friday, June 18, 2010

Book Blogger Appreciation Week Post


O.k., I received a lot of feedback and am very grateful to everyone who let me know their thoughts so I could decide on the posts I will submit for my Book Blogger Appreciation Week registration.

I am registering Jen's Book Thoughts in the Thriller/Mystery/Suspense/Crime Book Blog niche and the Author Interviews Feature Category.

For the Thriller/Mystery/Suspense/Crime Book Blog niche I decided on the following reviews:
For the other two posts, I've decided on:

Then I need to identify an additional five posts that will help distinguish the Author Interview Feature Category. The interviews I decided on are:

The last post can be one of my choosing that isn't an interview, so I'm opting for Ken Bruen's guest post during Detectives Around the World. While I didn't interview Ken, he does open up a part of himself for us, and whew what a glimpse we get!

Well, I tried to give a rounded view of what Jen's Book Thoughts represents. I hope I've done at least a decent job doing that. It was hard to make choices. The six-word memoirs aren't represented this year, but that's o.k.

Thanks everyone! And if you have your own book blog and you haven't registered yet, stop over and check out the options you have for registration, not all include this post.

3 comments:

kathy d. June 18, 2010 at 4:40 AM  

I just read the two book reviews that deal with the criminal justice system. You are such a good writer.

I really wish you well in this effort.

I could go on and on about the inequities in the criminal justice system and how poor people often are treated terribly. There are cutbacks in legal defenders' services, as well as in job training and education. There's so much wrong, but the books sound good, especially "The Color of Law," which I'll read.

Thanks so much for this terrific website and your writing.

Do you have a list of favorite books read in the last year or so somewhere?

Best wishes.

Jen Forbus June 18, 2010 at 6:13 AM  

Hi Kathy!

Thanks for stopping by. I'm actually working on a list of my top 10 favorite books, which is turning out to be more challenging than I thought! I'll make a post of it when I finish, but here's the link for my favorite reads from 2009, if you'd like to see that:

http://jensbookthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-2009-crime-fiction-favorites.html

kathy d. June 19, 2010 at 3:48 AM  

Thanks, Jen. I just found your 2009 favorites and bookmarked the page.

I do feel the need for a good legal thriller, as I'm now recovering from a brutal Scandinavian read, and either a comedy or legal or financial thriller (a Joseph Finder, which is witty and fast-paced) is a must.

So I put "The Color of Law" on hold at the library and look forward to reading it outside on a nice day in a park.

Good luck again.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP