Monday, June 28, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award

Today was definitely a Monday, but a blogger I truly admire sent me a little message saying he was awarding me the "Versatile Blogger Award." Now my very good friend, Michael who blogs at Lazy Thoughts from a Boomer, is truly a versatile blogger. He is my guru on movies and audio books and music and Los Angeles. He's funny and smart. He's the patriarch of a most fabulous family that I wish I could hang out with far more often. This running on that I'm doing is just to emphasize how much I admire him. It's an honor that I get to call him "friend." So, it means a tremendous amount to me to be recognized by Michael.

Here's what the rules are for the award:
  • Thank the person who gave you this award.
  • Share 7 things about yourself.
  • Pass the award along to 15 who you have recently discovered and who you think fantastic for whatever reason (I'm going to cheat. Partly because over half of Michael's list would have been my list so my favs are already recognized!)
But, despite my cheating - do you think they'll revoke my award for this - here are my 7 things:

1. I have a degree in English and Sports Medicine.
2. I'm allergic to something in Chinese Food, but I'm not sure what.
3. I was a baseball statistician in high school - LOVED. IT. I was pretty good, too.
4. I haven't watched television in 2 years, aside from occasional DVDs. So don't ask me about commercials - I haven't seen them.
5. It's been awhile since I've said this, so I ♥ Harry! (Connick, Jr., that is)
6. I hate roller coasters.
7. I love the smell of a campfire or wood burning in a fireplace.

Not especially exciting, but there you have it! My thanks to Michael for this recognition. It was a bright spot in my Monday!

Happy Reading!

8 comments:

bermudaonion June 28, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

I don't watch much TV, so I don't know commercials either. Congratulations on your award!

Dave June 28, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

Baseball statistician -- I never would have guessed that. I'm amazed that you can resist the lure of baseball on TV -- I can't and it unfortunately gets in the way of my reading.

Jen Forbus June 28, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

Thanks Kathy! I was actually surprised at how little I miss the TV. Of course when I stop over at my parents' and they're watching BONES or NCIS, then I get a little itch to watch again. But I have those shows on DVD.

Dave, we have a minor minor league team in my area, and I LOVE to go watch those games. It's kind of a step up from high school, but the guys still are playing because they LOVE the game, as opposed to getting paid to play. And I still can't help but mentally score every hit, error, run, K... ;-)

le0pard13 June 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

You're always are a very giving person, and your very kind words warm my heart. The things I constantly learn about you make me glad you are a friend. You certainly deserve this award (and the future ones to come). Thanks for this, Jen.

Serena June 29, 2010 at 12:38 PM  

Congrats on such a great award. I usually DVR everything so I can fast forward those annoying commercials.

Kaye Wilkinson Barley - Meanderings and Muses June 29, 2010 at 3:16 PM  

I'm not a TV watcher either. EXCEPT twice a year when I'll watch Country Music Award shows. LOL! then do not even think about getting me out of that chair to do anything else.

Congrats on the award Jen!!!! Well deserved. (i got one too - yippee skippy!!!!!!)

I've mentioned both you (of course!) and Michael (of course!) in my post about it.

Dorte H June 29, 2010 at 5:18 PM  

Congratulations on your award!

Well, we have a TV, and I always remember to look for Midsomer Murders on Saturdays, but apart from that I wouldn´t know a thing about what was on when and where if my family did not switch the thing on. When they do, I sometimes watch a programme or film together with them. On the whole I prefer reading or writing fiction, though (or blogging).

Anonymous July 24, 2010 at 11:54 AM  

Congratulations on your award! I was the basketball statistician in h.s. :) Two years is a long time without tv. You deserve an award just for that.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP