Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Return of My Life In Book Titles

It was about this time last year when I found out about this fun meme through Michael at Lazy Thoughts from a Boomer who had found it at Pop Culture Nerd's blog. This meme is how I ended up getting to know Pop Culture Nerd, so not only is it fun, but it's near and dear to me. I will definitely have to make it an annual event - and she has to keep making up the prompts!

Reminiscing aside I have to complete each prompt with a title from a book I've read this year, so here we go:

  1. In high school I was: ONCE A SPY (Keith Thomson)

  2. People might be surprised I'm: OUR LADY OF IMMACULATE DECEPTION (Nancy Martin)

  3. I will never be: PRETTY IN INK (Karen Olson)

  4. My fantasy job is: AN ORDINARY DECENT CRIMINAL (Michael Van Rooy)

  5. At the end of a long day I need: JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE (A.E. Maxwell)

  6. I hate it when: BAD THINGS HAPPEN (Harry Dolan)

  7. Wish I had: THE BLADE ITSELF (Marcus Sakey)

  8. My family reunions are: HELL FOR THE HOLIDAYS (Chris Grabenstein)

  9. At a party you'd find me with: JUNKYARD DOGS (Craig Johnson)

  10. I've never been to: REDEMPTION STREET (Reed Farrel Coleman)

  11. A happy day includes: A BOLT FROM THE BLUE (Diane Stuckart)

  12. Motto I live by: THE DAMAGE DONE (Hilary Davidson)

  13. On my bucket list: THE KILLING OF THE TINKERS (Ken Bruen) [not really]

  14. In my next life, I want to be THE QUEEN OF PATPONG (Timothy Hallinan)

Isn't this fun? Feel free to make your own responses in the comments or on your own blog. Let us know where they are if you post them on your own blog so we can all come and see them!

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

Rachel August 20, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

Very nice! Great motto and I love what you wish you had. Speaking of...

Sakey just recently came to my attention and so I picked up AT THE CITY'S EDGE from the library this week. And now I see him here at your blog. Funny how once something is in your brain it starts to pop up elsewhere.

Pop Culture Nerd August 20, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

Oh, Jen, I'm so glad you played last year and are doing it again. We'll definitely have to make this an annual thing. Next year, maybe I'll choose books based only on whether their titles will make interesting answers!

Speaking of which, yours are scrappy and dangerous (see: fantasy job, bucket list, party crowd and what you wish you had). Go, Jen. And the family reunion is hilarious!

le0pard13 August 20, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

As I would have expected, you chosen some great book title answers, Jen. It's interesting to recall the connections we as bloggers share, and what's brought us together in the past. And, I agree that this would be great to do annually. Thanks very much for this, Jen.

kathy d. August 20, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

This is just terrific, so witty. I'm laughing so hard.

Take a look at "Reactions to Reading," website and the responses on this.

I'm going to do this now but I keep thinking of "The Man from Beijing," for a lot of answers.

Naomi Johnson August 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

I wanna be at any party that has you AND junkyard dogs!

Beth F August 22, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

Love your party answer! This is a fun meme.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP