Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankfully Reading

This weekend is Thanksgiving weekend for those of us here in the United States. And I want to start out by saying that I'm giving thanks this weekend for each and every one of you. Your visits, comments, emails, contributions, friendship, etc. are such a blessing. Thank you for bringing some joy into my world each and every day.

A trio of great bloggers came up with "Thankfully Reading Weekend" last year and they are coordinating it again this year. There really isn't much to do outside of read. There will be some mini-challenges but those are optional. I don't usually need a reason to read, but it's always a nice motivator to prevent those other little distractions from making their way into your planned reading time. It's not too late, you can sign up too.

So, I'm participating this year. I'm starting tonight but the official start is tomorrow. I'm giving myself a goal of 20 hours of reading through the four days. I'd like to exceed that, but I'm also trying to account for blog work I need to do this weekend. My goal is to finish the book I'm working on now, THE SILENCED, and also the new Crais, THE SENTRY. I'd love to accomplish more, but we'll see. I'll post at least a couple of times to update you on how I'm doing on my goals.

That's on tap for this weekend.

Another item that may be of interest to you is a reading challenge I signed up for. I typically avoid challenges like the plague because I never end up meeting them and then feel horribly guilty even though I read a lot throughout the year. My reading schedule usually isn't conducive to challenges. But this one is so fun and creative I just had to try. It's called "What's in a Name", hosted by blogger Beth Fish and you can see the details about it here. I already have one title I know will work. I have to get to work on the rest. And you can use audiobooks on this challenge, so my audiobook buddies - don't think you can't do this.

If you're going to join along, let us know and we can discuss our progress here as well.

More recommendations will return on Monday; look for those. And if you're celebrating this year, have a most wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. Happy Reading!!

6 comments:

Lesa November 24, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

Happy Thanksgiving, Jen. And, thank you for all of the joy you bring to our lives. I'm planning to spend my four days reading, too. Great reading break!

kathy d. November 25, 2010 at 12:05 AM  

Have a great holiday, with good food, and, of course, excellent reading.

Thank you for writing this blog every day and thinking of such interesting projects.

And can't wait to see your write-ups of the books you've read.

Beth F November 25, 2010 at 4:16 AM  

So glad you are joining both activities. I don't have any real reading goals for the weekend, but I plan to read while the rest of the world shops.

Thanks to for mentioning WIAN4. I hope you have fun finding titles that fit.

Have a super holiday.

le0pard13 November 25, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

I hope you have a great time with this, Jen. And a happiest of Thanksgivings to you and yours, my friend.

Mandy (The Well-Read Wife) November 26, 2010 at 3:21 PM  

I'm doing Thankfully Reading too, but I'm going to have to check out What's in A Name as well! It sounds fun!

Dorte H November 27, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

I am also in Beth´s challenge. I participated last year, and it was great fun.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP