Friday, January 7, 2011

MOONLIGHTING FOR MURDER - Call for Bloggers


Wow! I can't believe it's already time to start getting ready for this year's theme week. This year we'll be celebrating the amateur sleuths in "Moonlighting for Murder." If you're a blogger and you'd like to participate with us, this post will provide details and a sign-up.

For the purpose of this theme week, an amateur sleuth is essentially anyone who solves crimes in the novels but isn't a licensed professional. Many amateur sleuths are found in cozy novels, but the theme week isn't restricted to cozies. Journalists, writers, athletes, musicians, agents, etc., can all be included in the amateur category. The only areas we're going to hold back are medical professionals and legal professionals. If you have any doubt about whether someone qualifies, don't hesitate to drop me an email to ask.

Last year as part of the theme week, bloggers were asked to review a book and then do an additional post related to the setting. This year since we're dealing with amateur sleuths who all have another day job, the additional post should deal with the occupation of the amateur sleuth. Possible options for this post include: the sleuth's resume, an interview with someone who works in that field, a description of the job with details like education requirements/salary ranges, etc. Those are just some examples. Bloggers are encouraged to be as creative as possible with this post.

The theme week will be held:

April 3 - 9, 2011

There will be another tournament to coincide with the theme week. This year we'll have the "World's Savviest Sleuth." Nominations for the tournament will begin February 1st and the tournament itself will take place:

March 7 - April 8, 2011

Bloggers are definitely encouraged to seek guest posts for the theme week. I will also be recruiting guest posts, so if you would like to host an author but don't have one to ask, I will help you connect.

I hope this sounds like a fun theme week and you'd like to participate. To help begin preparations and to keep you informed as details are secured and finalized, I'm asking bloggers to begin signing up at this time. If you would like to participate in "Moonlighting for Murder" please complete the form below. To avoid having several people cover the same sleuth, I ask that you provide three choices, the first being your top choice. If there is a conflict in top choices, the sleuths will be assigned based on the order the bloggers signed up. Last year there were no conflicts, so I don't anticipate a problem, but just in case. If you have questions, you can e-mail me at jensbookthoughts (at) gmail (dot) com.

Bloggers from last year's theme week, if you've already submitted your sleuth to me, you don't need to complete the form. I have you down. I'm excited about "Moonlight for Murder"; I hope you will be, too!

4 comments:

Jenn's Bookshelves January 7, 2011 at 9:32 AM  

Ok, so I couldn't come up with more than one sleuth so I'm crossing my fingers my first (and only) choice isn't taken!

kathy d. January 8, 2011 at 12:40 AM  

Omigosh, my gray matter is on hiatus right now, so I'll audit this course.

Amazingly creative is this blog, and I am surprised pleasantly at each and every idea.

But I will enjoy others' posts for now.

Right now, I'm reading "The Thin Man," the classic by Dashiell Hammett; it is good and witty.

This, as I wait for the Gregg Hurwitz on reserve at the library, but Hammett is excellent to read on its own. Who knew?

Naomi Johnson January 8, 2011 at 11:30 PM  

Jen, please let me know if you didn't get my submission - I clicked the button while in Google Reader and I'm not sure it was actually sent. Thanks.

Beth F January 9, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

I'm signed up! Let me know if my choice is good.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP