Friday, November 2, 2012

Five on Friday - Marcia Clark

It's Friday and I hope you have power restored if you lost power this week. I know there are  some unfortunate souls who are still dealing with the aftermath of the storm. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

If you are able to help out with donations, you can do so through iTunes, via your cell phone by texting "REDCROSS" to 90999 to make a $10 contribution for every message sent, visiting www.redcross.org or calling 1-800-RED-CROSS. Also, don't forget about giving blood. The hurricane has caused the cancellation of many blood drives, so the need for blood donations is great right now as well.

For those who are able to visit the blog today, thank you for taking time. I have a very special treat for you. Before I get to that, I want to congratulate David A. and Karen B. who were the winners of the Invisible Murder audiobooks. I have contacted them and will be taking all the steps to make sure they get their prizes! The winner of the To Kill A Mockingbird book and movie tickets was Vivian T (aka The Book Diva), so congrats to all the winners! You'll definitely want to check back after my trip to Muskego...I have a feeling there will be more prizes to give away then as well.

Speaking of Muskego, if you can make it, there's still time. Next weekend! We'd hate to have a wonderful time without you! You know I'll be reporting afterward, but it's never as fun as being there in person.

Meanwhile, Lesa is back from her travels and she has a historicals giveaway going on this week. So if you are a fan of historical mysteries, you'll want to check out her contest this week.

Goodreads has the first round of their 2012 Choice Awards up now. You can check out the Mystery & Thriller category here.

And that's about it for my weekly updates, let's move on to the fun stuff. I mentioned in my Bouchercon recaps how one of the highlights of my conference this year was being able to spend time with Marcia Clark. She's just such a great person. She's funny and smart and incredibly talented. She's also kind and down to earth. I love it when the writers I enjoy are genuinely good people.

She's also generous! She's graciously agreed to hang out and do a Five on Friday this week, so it is my great pleasure to introduce the author of the Rachel Knight legal thriller series, Ms. Marcia Clark!
Marcia posing over the "victim" at a "crime scene" at the Writer's Police Academy

1. The most bizarre question I was every asked in an interview was: (actually, the funniest one too) was I ever asked to appear on Dancing with the Stars and would I do it? At the time, Nancy Grace had just had her “wardrobe malfunction.” My answer: I’d only do it if I could wear a turtle neck.

2. When I was a kid, my favorite thing to get in my trick-or-treat bag was: Snickers bars! Especially the full size. Wow, that was good livin’


3. My five favorite movies of all time are: “My Cousin Vinnie” (especially Joe Pesci’s “opening statement”: “Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, good morning. Everything the prosecutor just said is bullshit.” The judge: “The jury will disregard everything defense counsel said after “good morning.”” I’ve always wanted to give that opening statement. “Chinatown,” “L.A. Confidential,” “Sophie’s Choice” and the largely unheralded, “Dead Girl” – a phenomenally well written, directed and acted film starring the now-deceased Brittany Murphy.

4. The one food I absolutely will not eat is: beets. Just can’t handle ‘em, though all my friends think I’m nuts.

5. If I could swap lives with anyone in the world for 24 hours, I would choose: my dog. Seriously, she’s the most doted upon, spoiled creature I know. Friends have said if there’s such a thing as reincarnation they want to come back as her.


Marcia informed me that she spoke at the Writers Police Academy -- where her picture was taken -- and she highly recommends it for everyone! Personally, I am always recommending folks follow Marcia on social media. You can find her on Facebook and Twitter and she is SO much fun! Thanks to Marcia for sharing a little fun with us here today. And if she's picked for Dancing with the Stars, I'm absolutely going to watch that season!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Happy Reading!

2 comments:

bermudaonion November 2, 2012 at 10:59 AM  

After reading her answers, I think I could be friends with Marcia. We could go out and not eat beets together!

George at The Thirty Year Itch November 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM  

I also had the chance to meet Marcia Clark at Bouchercon and agree...I could be her friend too. She was funny and outgoing and I really enjoyed the few minutes I had to spend with her.

Thanks Jen...and Marcia...for the 5!

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP