Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's Get Caught Reading Month!

For long-time readers of Jen's Book Thoughts, you know I usually try to do something fun for Get Caught Reading Month. In the past we've had Crime Readers Caught Reading Crime, Crime Writers Caught Reading Crime...this year I thought I'd combine this celebration with another one near and dear to my heart: National Pet Month. So this year we have, yes, you guessed it...

Crime Critters Caught Reading Crime!


I've invited a slew of readers, writers, publicists, publishers, etc., to share what their crime critters are reading. The contributions to this year's project have been wonderful, and I'm so excited to share them with you, so check back regularly for the newest updates throughout May.

To kick off the celebration--and in honor of today's release of the newest John Ceepak novel, FREE FALL--I have Fred Grabenstein. Shhhhh, no one tell Chris that Fred isn't reading FREE FALL today.  If you're fans of Chris Grabenstein's work, you probably know that Fred is a former Broadway star. Now he spends his days helping Chris dream up ideas for both his adult novels and his children's books. Since I help keep Chris' website up to date, I stay in the know about what he has coming out, and I have to tell you, the kid in me is so excited about a book he has coming out later this summer called ESCAPE FROM MR LEMONCELLO'S LIBRARY.

I'm sorry, what Fred? Oh right, this post is about you. I got sidetracked, back to Fred.

Here is Fred caught reading Robert Crais' book SUSPECT (he relates to the dog) in his den on his iPad. Yes, former Broadway stars like Fred do all their reading on iPads.


Fred looks a little irritated to be interrupted during his reading, doesn't he? We should let him get back to it. Thanks Fred! And thanks Chris.

If you're in the NYC area, Chris is having the Free Fall release party May 21st at The Mysterious Bookshop. I really need to plan a NYC trip when a Ceepak book comes out. I always want to go to the party and never can. So someone go and enjoy some salt water taffy for me, o.k? And clap extra loud when Chris does his reading.

And as a little extra for National Pet Month: if you have old towels, blankets, pet bowls/leashes/collars/toys, don't throw them out! Check with local shelters or rescue groups. They are always looking for supplies like this. Recycle and help pets in need all at the same time.

O.k., now go get caught reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous May 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM  

Dogs and books - yay! Add Chris Grabenstein and Bob Crais and you have my 2 favorite things and 2 of my favorite authors! Can't wait to read about the rest of the month, Jen!

Anonymous May 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM  

Dogs and books - yay! Add Chris Grabenstein and Bob Crais and you have my 2 favorite things and 2 of my favorite authors! Can't wait to read about the rest of the month, Jen!

Patty May 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM  

Love Fred, Love Chris. Having a reading dog is the only way to go!

Beth F May 2, 2013 at 7:17 AM  

Fun!!

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP