Monday, March 23, 2009

Completely Humbled


In the last week, I was surprised to find that three people who host blogs I absolutely love and admire, recognized ME with blog awards. I can't even begin to tell you how humbled I am by this showering of attention. Kaye, PK and Corey, your recognition means more than I can possibly say. I am so flattered. Thank you...from the bottom of my heart.

So, I will share these wonderful blog awards with you one at a time. I'm going to highlight them in the order that I received them, so today with be the Fabulous Blog Award from Kaye Barley at Meanderings and Musings. If you haven't had a chance to check out Kaye's blog, I highly recommend doing so. Not only does she host some absolutely wonderful guest bloggers from the world of crime fiction writing, but she just has fun with her posts and so you can't help but have fun reading them. I've chatted about everything from crafts to hats with Kaye. And I simply can't not love someone who adores her dog as much as Kaye does; a woman after my own heart! I know that many people in the mystery writing world admire Kaye, and I count myself among them, so it is with great honor that I accept from her the Fabulous Blog Award.

And like Miss America has duties to fulfil with her crown, so does the Fabulous Blog Award winner! LOL I have to share with you five fabulous addictions. O.k., hello, you're reading the blog of Miss OCD, I have many addictions. Some not so fabulous, but luckily, none life-threatening either. So, I don't use up all the addictions with my pets names, I'll just list addiction number one as my babies: two beautiful, goofy, rambunctious chocolate labs: Hershey and Nestle; and four little terror cats: Bailey, Forrest, Amelia and Isabelle. Mostly it's the twin kittens (Amelia and Isabelle) who are the terrors, but I still adore each of them.

Addiction number two I share with Kaye: reading. I read before bed; I read during lunch breaks at work; I read on planes, trains...not automobiles, though, I get car sick if I try to read then. Anyway, as soon as I finish one book I have another one to start. And when I'm not reading an ink and paper book, chances are good that I'm listening to an audio book. I keep one going in my car at all times and I have one on my mp3 player for when I exercise or do yard work. I guess I should add into this addiction buying books, too. Even though I have over 100 books...in my house...that have not been read yet...I STILL buy more. I need Genie to do that little head-nod thing and stop the world so I can catch up on my reading. So many writers keep putting out great new books and I simply can't keep up. But, you know what? I love trying!

Addiction number three: social media. I blog, have a Facebook page and a Twitter account. If I'm away from any of them for too long I start showing withdrawal symptoms. Stay away from me, I get grouchy if I can't have my social media! :)

Fourth on my list of addictions: photos and scrapbooking. I'm the family photo fanatic. I've been slacking on my scrapping of the photos lately...probably due in large part to addiction number 3. But, I have this amazing friend who hosts crops fairly regularly and I try to attend those so I can get some work done on my projects. I've put a ban on myself for buying anything for new projects until I finish more of the projects I already have! Oh and at the author events, I'm the crazy woman taking all the pictures!

O.k., my fifth addiction is sunshine. And this explains why I'm such a grouch for much of the year here in NE Ohio. I don't get enough of it! If anyone figures out how to bottle it so I can have it year-round, please let me know. And I'm not talking about one of those fake lamp things. I want the real gosh-darn thing! :) I love my sunshine!

So, those are my top five addictions. Now, I here's the part I like the best. I get to bestow this award on five blogs I think are fabulous. So, you already know that I think Kaye's blog is fabulous, but here are five other blogs that I'm excited to share this award with:

1.) Corey's THE DROWNING MACHINE. I'm always in awe whenever I read a post over at The Drowning Machine. Sometimes in the evenings if I'm tired I'll put off checking new blog posts, but never when I see a new post is up at The Drowning Machine. If I could be half as gifted at articulation as Corey, I'd be over the moon. And of course, he's always reading the greatest books over there! The Drowning Machine definitely is a FABULOUS BLOG!

2.) Alafair Burke's blog. Since I can't stalk Alafair in person, she's been kind enough to provide a blog so I can follow her there! ;) I love reading about Duffer, her writing progress and author events and even some of her experiences with her "other job"! I'd love to know how she finds all those great YouTube videos she posts. A fabulous person can't help but have a FABULOUS BLOG!

3.) Michael's Lazy Thoughts from a Boomer. The title of this blog is so misleading. There is truly nothing lazy about this blog. Michael, my fellow Craisie, either has me thinking about politics or laughing about the little details of everyday life. He graciously shares moments with his children that will leave you in tears from laughing so hard and nodding, "ah yes, from the mouths of babes!" And let's talk about someone who's knowledgeable about the entertainment industry. This guy knows his movies. It's a blast to chat movies with Michael. He's simply one of the nicest, most generous people I've met in cyberspace. It is my honor not only to call him "friend" but to bestow upon him a FABULOUS BLOG award.

4.) Lesa's Book Critiques. Here's another very generous blogger. I've kinda forced the role of mentor on Lesa because I admire her blog so much. As I have been working to build my blog and make improvements I am forever pestering Lesa. And she's always willing to help and make great recommendations. Lesa's love of everything in the book world shines through in all of her posts. And she has the greatest weekly book contests. Even though I have the above mentioned ridiculous number of unread books, I still can't help but enter Lesa's contests because the books she includes are soooo tempting! I will also be forever indebted to Lesa for opening up my eyes to Chris Grabenstein and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I'm sure the list of things she opens my eyes to will grow ever longer, but the Grabenstein one alone is enough to ensure her a spot in my will! :) Lesa, your blog is truly fabulous! And it is my honor to recognize it as so.

5.) The Read Street Blog. This is a literary blog hosted by the Baltimore Sun and the bloggers include Nancy Johnston and Dave Rosenthal. I discovered this blog during the Baltimore Bouchercon. They hosted guest posts from a number of mystery writers who were there at B'Con. And ever since I've been a devoted reader. This blogging team definitely has a FABULOUS BLOG!

And there you have it. Again, many thanks to Kaye. I'm still reeling from this honor. Think I'll just tiptoe off and find somewhere to bask in my happiness!

Happy Reading!


7 comments:

Molly March 23, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

Congratulations on all the awards! I think this award has the most sophisticated button and I just love it.

Kaye Wilkinson Barley - Meanderings and Muses March 23, 2009 at 7:53 AM  

Jen, you are such a sweetheart.

Thank you for the nice words. Very much! They are much appreciated, as are you, my friend - and your wonderful blog!!

Serena March 23, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

congrats on the award!

TexasRed March 23, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Congratulations!

Corey Wilde March 23, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

Congrats on your bounty, Jen. Well-deserved. And thanks for the shout out.

Alafair Burke March 23, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

Hey woman. Congratulations, and thanks for the props.

le0pard13 March 24, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

Jen, I can think of no one more worthy of praise and awards. May they keep coming your way.

And thank you very much for your kinds words.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP