Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Few Weekend Odds and Ends

I spent the better part of this morning shoveling my driveway after our snowfall this weekend. After two hours I almost had the driveway finished, only about a foot left - that end is always the worst because the city plows the snow from the street into the end of everyone's drives. So not only is it higher, but it's heavier because of all the gunk in the street. But anyway, I was about a foot short of finishing when my heaven-sent parents pulled up with the snow blower! My dad took care of the sidewalks, so Mr. Mailman (I have a male mail carrier) you can thank my dad for a clear walk. I never would have been able to do it myself! I'm already starting to feel the aftermath, I'm kinda scared what tomorrow morning may bring.

O.k., so that's my moaning and complaining for this weekend. I do have a few tidbits of news to share with you, although I'm embarrassingly behind on my blog reading, so I don't have lots of that to share. What I do have to share is Felonious February. It is going to take place on February 20th at the Muskego Public Library in Wisconsin. The special guest authors are Alafair Burke and Joseph Finder. I will be making my live interview debut here when I interview my hero, Alafair! If you can be in the area, I encourage you to contact Penny and register. The event is actually an all-day affair with many authors and lots of fun. There isn't an online presence for the event, but you can email Penny Halle (pennyphalle[at]gmail[dot]com) or you can call the library to register 262.971.2101.

Another item I'd like you to be aware of is Andrew Gross's Facebook promotion that he's holding in the month of February. For every fan he has on his fan page at the end of February, he's donating $1 to the Clinton/Bush Haiti Relief Fund. So, let's really put a hurt on Andy's wallet and make that donation a hefty one, alright? In exchange you get the lowdown on his upcoming release, which sounds like it's going to be pretty exciting. I'm looking forward to it. Join Andy's page, make a difference and stay in the know.

And last but not least, I wanted to remind you that you have until tomorrow at noon (Eastern) to enter to win an ARC of Alex Berenson's new spy thriller THE MIDNIGHT HOUSE. Get your entry in!

I hope your weekend has been a bit warmer than mine. I'm off now to console myself with a great book. Have a wonderful week and happy reading!

1 comments:

Judy Bobalik February 8, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

Joe Finder won't be in Muskego in February. I'm nt sure what other authors will be coming. I heard something about Tom Schreck.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP