Wednesday, July 30, 2008

They're Here! They're Here!

...They're finally here!! My Robert Crais books finally arrived from California. My sister put them in the mail to me last Tuesday, and they were waiting for me on my porch when I got home today.


For those of you who haven't been following my blog, my sister lives in Southern California, and since RC wasn't going to be close enough this year on his book tour for me to go see him, my sister agreed to take two of my books and buy Chasing Darkness - at one of his appearances near her. Bless her heart!!! This was at the beginning of the month. And the day she went she teased me by telling me I would love how he signed the book...

Here's Chasing Darkness...

And here's a close up of what he wrote....

Yep, that surely does say "Jen, next year...Cleveland!" I love it! I'll especially love it if he really IS in Cleveland next year!!! :)

And I'm sure my sister thinks his autograph in L.A. Requiem is rather amusing...he wrote, "Jen, your sister rocks!" These beauties are going on the shelf of honor!

And now I need to go finish A Cold Dish so I can complete my July Book Blowout Challenge and then I can get started on Chasing Darkness. I'm so excited.

I'll be back soon to blog on a topic Trish over at Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'? posed today about blogging... Happy Reading!

4 comments:

Sam July 30, 2008 at 8:32 PM  

Those are great treasures for the bookshelf...and I have to agree with Crais - Your sister rocks for doing that for you. :-)

Anonymous July 30, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

Jen, those are fantastic! And I would be so jealous were it not for my very own personal endorsement from the Great Man.

And your sister does indeed rock.

Corey Wilde August 1, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

Hey, wanna sell those books?

Just kidding. Really. And for your sake I hope Crais makes it to Cleveland next year.

le0pard13 August 1, 2008 at 4:28 PM  

Very cool, Jen. I'm sure you've been looking forward to reading these. Enjoy the ride. BTW, which SoCal tour stop did she see RC? I got mine signed at the Mystery Book Store in Westwood.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP