Friday, August 1, 2008

How Has Blogging Changed Your Reading?

Trish, over at Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'? blogged on this topic a couple days ago. Actually her title read, "How Has Blogging, or Reading Blogs, Changed Your Reading?" She said she's a lot more compulsive about reading because she's so aware of all the books waiting in her queue. I'm not sure I'm more compulsive. I'm not sure it's possible to BE more compulsive than I already was. I'm not a fast reader (by my own standards, that is)...I think that is partly because I devour books. I love it when I feel like I become a part of the book. And the big tell is if the characters rattle around in my head after I finish the book. That's when I know I've read a real winner...but I digress. Back to topic (note to self: check on that ADD thing).

I can surely say that my TBR list has grown faster since I started reading blogs and list serves and discussion boards. My pals over at The Craisie Club are forever introducing me to great new books and authors. And Sam over at the Book Chase has added more books to my TBR list than anyone, I think. The list might appear daunting to some, but it simply makes me smile. To know that I won't be running out of great stuff to read anytime soon just warms my heart!

So, all in all, I don't think blogging has changed my READING so much...except for the fact that I watch almost NO television anymore. I don't even really WANT to watch TV. It's great!!

Reading's changed many other things about me, though. I'm always looking forward to seeing comments on my blog (hint, hint). And throughout a regular day, I'm chewing on ideas for posts and contemplating ways to make my blog better for all the readers. I definitely look forward to my blog; sometimes it's what gets me through a rough or boring or just plain rotten day at work. One of the first things I do when I get home is check my Bloglines. Bloglines has helped me immensely. I just love to see a new post listed next to one of my regular reads.

I've been keeping this blog since January, and I hope to maintain it for a long time to come. I also hope it keeps changing the person I am. I'm enjoying meeting new people and having folks to talk books with!! Thanks for being a part of it with me! Happy Reading!! :)

1 comments:

trish August 3, 2008 at 5:17 PM  

I'm always thinking of new posts, too. And I don't think a post has to be long to be good.

I don't know about you, but I usually have at least 10 "drafts" that are (mostly) ready to post...it makes for no pressure when I'm plum out of stuff to say! :D

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP