Friday, September 26, 2008

A Book Sale

If you happen to be in the vicinity of Northeast Ohio the weekend of October 9th through the 12th, you might want to mosey over to Elyria for the huge book sale. The Friends of Elyria Public Library join with the Friends of the Keystone-LaGrange Community Library to hold a booksale. This is their fifth year. It's held at St. John Lutheran Church (1140 West River Road; Elyria) in their gymnasium.

On Thursday if you're not a member of the Friends of groups you have to pay an admission ($5 for an individual or $10 for a family). After Thursday, admission is free.

Hardcover books are a $1.00 and trade paperbacks are $.50. On Sunday they have a special - $5 for a bag of books.

I've attended this library sale every year, and every year I come home with a new load of books to read. There are still some from previous sales I haven't made it to yet, but you can bet I'll be there this year again. One year I even found a couple books I used as Christmas gifts...they were in that good of condition.

My fondest memory of this sale was the year I went with my sister and niece. Payton, my niece was on the verge of starting to read for herself, and she says to us, "one day I'll be able to read all these books myself." Oh, it just warmed my heart! So, come on out if you have a chance, bring all those budding new readers and find some books to keep you company this winter!

Hopefully, I'll be back later today with at least one more post. Blogger is scheduling an outage this afternoon, so I'll have to work around that. In the meantime...happy reading!!

1 comments:

Corey Wilde September 26, 2008 at 1:42 PM  

I have the Grandview Public Library's book sale on my calendar for Oct. 10-12. I'm mad about library book sales, it's the only time I see booklovers acting giddy as pre-teens with Hannah Montana tickets.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP