Thursday, September 18, 2008

Quirky...that's me!

Debbie at Friday Friends Book Blog "tagged" me, so I'm it in the quirky game. I am supposed to share with you six "unspectacular quirks" or random things about me. So, let's get to it!

The rules are:

1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 6 random things/unspectacular quirks about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.

So, me....let's see:

1. I don't drink coffee. I even have trouble with the smell of coffee. I do, however, love hot chocolate, hot tea, hot cider...just can't do coffee.

2. I can hyper extend both of my thumbs. I never really thought anything about it until the first time someone told me they thought it looked creepy. I still don't find it creepy - it's just natural to me - but I guess other people do.

3. I absolutely despise "reality" television.

4. I do not like exposing my feet, so you'll rarely see me in open-toed shoes. I do wear my sandals when I'm bumming around the house, but even that's rare because I've been known to kick something and break a toe or have the dogs step on them. And what makes this even quirkier, is I have what I call an "instinctive nature" to curl my toes. My family has always found this absolutely hilarious because I usually don't even realize I'm doing it.

5. I do not like to talk on the phone. If I can communicate with someone in person or via e-mail, I'll choose to do that over calling. I avoid the phone at all costs.

6. I like flannel sheets in the winter. My whole family thinks I'm crazy, but I'm a freeze baby. I tell everyone that the stork dropped me in the wrong place. I was supposed to be in a desert climate. Me and snow, we don't get along. I would be perfectly happy to never see it again; either that or allow me to hibernate inside my home each winter and not have to come out at all! So, anyway, flannel sheets are so nice and cozy for those horrible winter nights!

Alright, then. I'm supposed to tag six people next. So, I'll pick Trish over at Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'? because I know she likes to be tagged! Plus, I'm sure she'll come up with some great responses!

I'll also include Alafair Burke. I'm not sure if she'll have time to do it, but she enjoys blogging, so if she needs something to blog about, she can use this! :)

Next, Patti at Patti's Pen and Picks. Patti's blog has become a regular read for me. I enjoy her book reviews and have picked up some blog topic ideas from her as well.

I also have to include Michael over at Lazy Thoughts from a Boomer. I was reading his blog this morning thinking how much we think alike on quite a few topics he writes about.

And I'll have to include my two friends Trish and Val. Neither is a book blogger, but Trish is a scrapbooker and her WIP blog is just a hit. Val is so much fun. I'm always in stitches reading her blog!

Feel free to play along or opt out if you're just not interested. I have to thank Debbie for her very nice comments about my blog. And you might want to take a trip over to her blog - she had a great discussion about Banned Books. Banned Books Week is next week, so prepare to hear from me as well.

This morning they announced the winner of the best Mystery/Suspense/Thriller book blog category for BBAW, and it was a blog called Bookgasm. I wasn't surprised since that blog was nominated for something like seven categories and I think it won most if not all of what it was nominated for. But, I have just awesome readers. I wouldn't trade them for anything, and their support is why I do what I do. Thanks to all of YOU!!

3 comments:

trish September 18, 2008 at 6:03 PM  

Thanks for tagging me! I love being tagged. :-) I'll do this this weekend.

le0pard13 September 18, 2008 at 7:05 PM  

I feel so honored. My six are now up. Thanks, Jen.

pattinase (abbott) September 19, 2008 at 4:04 PM  

Except for the foot thing, you are me.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP