Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's Official...I'm a Bookworm!

I have to be, because I got a Bookworm Award from Lesa at Lesa's Book Critiques! Before I do what is involved for this Meme, I need to thank Lesa. I really admire Lesa. She has a great blog and she does so much with helping others find great books. So, the "award" means a lot coming from someone I admire.

O.k., so what I'm supposed to do here is:

"Open the closest book to you—not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment—to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence as well as the next two to five sentences. Pass this on to five blogging friends."

Technically the closest book to me is the ABC book I'm working on for my nephew, but that's a SCRAPbook and it doesn't have enough pages. The book that is next to closest to me is what I'm reading right now, Lion's Pride by Debbie Jordan. It's a mystery set in turn of the century Arizona, and I just happened to pass page 56 this afternoon while I was reading during my lunch break at work (see I really AM a bookworm). And what's really freaky about this...I noted this section of the book to consider for my review! How cool! So here it is:

'I've never owned any of the cattle the wildcats like to kill, so their murderous ways cost me nothing. Besides, the land belonged to the puma first. Man is the intruder in these mountains. Perhaps we should let el gato kill a few cattle just like we pay taxes to the government for the right to live in the Territory.'

'You're quite a philosopher, Miguel.'

This particular section of the book is where the sheriff has to return to the site of the murder of Don Santiago, a rich, not-so-nice rancher. Santiago and three of his hired hands had been out hunting the puma when someone killed Santiago in his sleep.

Now, I have the pleasure of passing along this distinguished bookworm award. So, I'm passing it along to:

Corey at The Drowning Machine
Sam at Book Chase
George at The Thirty Year Itch
Tina at Just A Minute of My Time
Michael at Lazy Thoughts from a Boomer

George and Tina aren't "technically" book bloggers, but they are both bookworms...and George is considering starting a book blog. And Michael is an audio book person, so I'm not sure if he'll have a page 56 for us, but he's a bookworm, too! :) If you aren't interested in playing, my apologies. Don't feel obligated, just know I enjoy reading your blogs and hearing about the books you're reading!

Happy Reading everyone!



4 comments:

Sam November 18, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

Jen, thanks so much for naming me a Bookworm - no doubt about it, I'm one of those, for sure.

I posted my Page 58 things as a meme back in July if your readers are interested (it wasn't part of the Bookworm naming on the 31st):

http://bookchase.blogspot.com/2008/10/tagged.html

Thanks again.

Lesa November 18, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

Jen,

Thank you. Those comments about my blog, and what I do, mean a lot to me. I think we have a wonderful community of bloggers. Thank you.

Corey Wilde November 18, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

Thanks for the tap, Jen. I think you like to see others work as hard as you do. :-)

le0pard13 November 18, 2008 at 11:22 PM  

Thank you, as well, Jen. I've posted my page 56.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP