Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So Much To Be Thankful For

I have been at this book blog thing now for eleven months, and I believe now is a GREAT time to step back and say thank you to everyone who has helped to make this such a great joy for me. Special thanks of course to the authors who have taken time out of their schedules to answer interview questions for me: Michael Koryta, Alafair Burke, Lisa Unger, Thomas Holland, Timothy Hallinan, Ed Lynskey, Chris Grabenstein, Craig Johnson, and James Fredericks. Your generosity is humbling.

I also need to thank those folks who have really inspired me with their great approaches to book blogging - especially Lesa over at Lesa Book Critiques, Trish over at Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'? and Sam at The Book Chase. You are my book blog idols! ;)

And finally of course I thank all the folks that come and talk books with me. There would be such a great void in my life if I couldn't talk books with you all. And I'm going to call a few people out on the carpet because they've been such devoted readers and commenters and they make me feel like a half-decent blogger - Naomi, Serena, Michael and Corey, I am blessed to call you my friends. Thank you for sharing books with me. I also need to give Corey some recognition for being one of my book blog idols over at The Drowning Machine. His reviews are always so creative, and I'm envious of his writing talent every time I read one.

And I'm going to make one last special thanks to Mary Holland. Hopefully she'll be stopping by soon to acknowledge this. She doesn't leave comments, but I know she visits. She DOES drop me e-mails and every one just warms my heart. Thank you for your friendship Mary!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and thank you so much for being a part of this with me. Every time I stop to think about it, the whole concept still amazes me. Who would have thought I'd be able to share my love of books with folks around the world. Just too cool!

Have a wonderful holiday and happy reading!!


5 comments:

Corey Wilde November 27, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

I tend to believe that one earns one's friends. And, Jen, you've earned a Cecil-B-DeMille cast of thousands. Your reviews are more than simple critiques, they are celebrations of books. Your graciousness to both authors and other bloggers is something I admire. And if I can't have that quality myself at least I can be thankful that I retain enough humanity to recognize it in you.

Lesa November 27, 2008 at 9:08 AM  

Oh, Jen. How can I top Corey's words? I can't because she writes so beautifully.

Thank you for your kind words about me and my blog. I've never been an idol before (grin). You don't need idols, though, because your pleasure in books shines through. Thank you for sharing that love with all of us.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Jen, and come back with more to share.

Anonymous November 27, 2008 at 10:14 PM  

Jen, thanks for the kind words and thanks for your blog. Corey and Lesa say it better than I. I hope you had a wonderful day.

le0pard13 November 29, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

Thank you, Jen, for the call-out. Your enthusiasm for books and reading, in general, is so infectious (in a good way, as opposed to the cold/flu term we're in). It is an honor to know you and celebrate the season through the ether.

trish November 30, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

Aw, Jen. I know you don't know how much I love you because I never comment, but I'm trying to change! And you have one of my favoritest blog designs. :-)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP