Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Look Back at November

I still can't believe we're already into December. The shopping days are dwindling and I STILL have to finish my Christmas cards. But, before I get back to the cards, let's look back at November. November was the month I hit 100 reads for the year. I had set a goal of 150, which was high, I knew, and to honest, I wasn't actually TRYING to reach it. I'd much rather enjoy my books than hurry through them and hit some arbitrary goal. But, I have managed to top 100 and that's a feat I'm quite proud of. Somehow, though, the TBR pile hasn't dwindled. Oh well...here's a recap of what I read in November:

1. Brother (James Fredericks)
2. The Vig (John Lescroart)
3. Harvest (Tess Gerritsen)
4. Whack-A-Mole (Chris Grabenstein)
5. Shadow of the Wind (Carlos Ruiz Zafron)
6. In Big Trouble (Laura Lippman)
7. Lion's Pride (Debbie Jordan)
8. Case Histories (Kate Atkinson)
9. Matrimony (Joshua Henkin)


In addition to hitting 100 books this month, I am also up to 73 different authors for the year. The problem with reading so many different authors is that I've added so many to my "must read" list. When it starts to feel a little overwhelming, I simply step back and smile and remember that I have PLENTY to keep me busy for a long, long time! So many worlds to explore...so much fun!

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

le0pard13 December 2, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

Wow, Jen. Even the 100 you've read is hard to fathom by this fan. Congrats. And, 73 different authors? You are a machine--and I mean that in a good way ;-)

Corey Wilde December 2, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

Congrats, indeed. And you didn't mention them, but your author interviews are a highlight. Next year...25 of those maybe? Hey, so you work for a living. What else ya got to do?

Jen Forbus December 3, 2008 at 6:14 AM  

Thanks guys! Yes, my interviews are SOOOO much fun. I think 25 is a good goal for next year, Corey...about 2 a month, huh? We'll see if that many people agree to let me pester them! LOL And maybe I'll see if I can nudge some folks into guest blogging next year???

sean a. scapellato December 3, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

What an impressive list. Love your blog, and I thank you for stopping by mine. sean scapellato

Anonymous December 3, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

I don't know how you do it, Jen.

Jen Forbus December 4, 2008 at 6:16 AM  

Naomi, if you saw my house, you'd know exactly how I do it! LOL Thanks!! :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP