Thursday, December 25, 2008

My Shopping List

I spend a good deal of time in the land of the imaginary, and I've made many close friends there. This year I have my shopping list of what I'm buying for a few of those friends.

For my beloved Elvis Cole I'm adding to his Disney collection with a business card holder. I use to work for a local Disney Store years ago and we sold these Mickey hand card holders. I think it would make a great addition to Elvis' desk in his office!

And of course, I must also remember Joe Pike this Christmas. For him I will be buying a selection of chamois and some Turtle Wax for his beloved Jeep!

If John Ceepak were not married, I'd be giving him my heart. Whenever I'm spending time with Ceepak in the land of the imaginary, I just want to hug him! But, alas, Rita beat me to him, so I'll settle for giving him an opportunity to go study forensics with the folks at Quantico - hey! it's the land of the imaginary, remember?

Ellie Hatcher will be receiving a case of Nutella! Has anyone ever tried this stuff?

For Kel McKelvey I have a brand new cell phone...just kidding! Instead I'll be baking him a fresh pecan pie...or as he'd call it, karo nut pie.

Lincoln Perry will open a pair of tickets to the Ohio State vs. Indiana University basketball game. Hmmm, I wonder who he'll be rooting for!

I have a case of Dr. Pepper with a couple jars of maraschino cherries for Dave Robicheaux.

An iTunes gift card will be going to Samantha Kincaid. She can load up her iPod to keep her company with all the running she's doing!

For my favorite NYC assistant prosecutor, Alex Cooper, I have a pair of tickets to the ballet and a bottle of Dewar's!

Walt Longmire is going to get a box full of all different Post-It note pads. That way when Ruby leaves him his messages it'll make a nice decoration of his door jamb! ;)

I'll be handing over a turtle to Tempe Brennan. What the heck? She already has a dog, a cat and a bird. What's one more critter for the zoo?

And finally, for a new very new friend, I'm going to take Sydney Fitzpatrick to the animal shelter so she can pick out a dog. Since from all indications she's going to be relocating, she could use a friend in a new city. And she's definitely good with dogs! But we're doing this one AFTER Christmas because everyone knows that you shouldn't give a pet as a Christmas gift...the change and the chaos of the season are too stressful on an animal.

Hope your REAL LIFE Christmas is a good one! Happy Holidays, all! And of course - Happy Reading!!

3 comments:

Corey Wilde December 26, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

Excellent list! I love Pike's gift, you really nailed him.

Lesa December 26, 2008 at 9:25 AM  

Jen, I loved your gift list for your imaginary friends. I hope you have someone in your life who was as creative with a gift or two for you!

Thoughts of Joy December 28, 2008 at 10:21 PM  

This is just the cutest idea! :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP