Sunday, January 4, 2009

One Word?

Laura Lippman has a post over at her Memory Project blog called "The Return of the One-Word Resolution Challenge." She chose one word to summarize her year's resolution. In 2008 she had STRETCH and for 2009 she's choosing VENTURE. Great words, don't you think? Of course, that's probably why she's the award-winning author and I'm not. And blasted my book about the 100 Words That Make You Sound Great isn't in at the library yet! But, I think I'd like to have a word for my 2009 blog resolutions. Stretch or venture would both be great; however, I simply can't be a copycat. That's very poor taste.

Here are some of my thoughts and you all can give me feedback on what you think. I could use CELEBRATE because I do like to celebrate the books and authors and readers. I could also use GROW because I would like my celebrations to be the cause of growth for both me and my blog this year. EXPLORE - new opportunities for the blog, new opportunities for me, new authors, new books by authors I already know, new blogs and bloggers.

What do you think about these? Do you have some other ideas for me? Please share them! I want this to be a GREAT resolution word. I'll keep it up in the right column all year to remind me of my goal all year long.

On January 12th, JEN'S BOOK THOUGHTS will celebrate ONE year of blogging. Holy Cow! Has it really been that long? So, on the 12th, I'll announce what the chosen word will be for my year number two. Let the suggestions begin....


6 comments:

Corey Wilde January 4, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

How about stealing from NASA: endeavor or enterprise?

Jen Forbus January 4, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

ewwww! I like those! They just rocketed to the top of the list! Thanks Corey - knew I could count on you!

le0pard13 January 4, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

My suggestion would be 'endurance' for your amazing book reading stamina--and Ernest Shackleton's Antarctic ship.

Congrats on your upcoming 1 year anniversary.

Jen Forbus January 4, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

Look at all these 'e' words. I sat and thought and thought and you guys come over, read my post and instantly come up with far better words than I did...with thought! Definitely need to work on my vocabulary! :) Thanks guys!

Corey Wilde January 4, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

le0's nailed it: endurance. The Shackleton story is so amazing. le0, if you haven't also read 'Last Voyage of the Karluk,' give that one a try also.

darbyscloset January 6, 2009 at 6:22 PM  

Jen,
I was going to suggest spectacular yet I like endurance too.
Happy almost one year!!!!
Darby
darbyscloset at yahoo dot com

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP