Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Me and "G"

So, my Facebook Scramble buddy, Trish over at Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin?, participated in this rather unique meme involving the alphabet. She read it on another blog and she had to request to receive a letter from the alphabet. When she received her letter, she had to identify 10 things she loved that started with that letter. Then folks could comment on HER blog and she'd send THEM a letter each. Since it was so unique, I decided I'd play, too. If I'd ended up with "C" or "H" I'd have been set in 10 seconds flat. But, I ended up with "G."

It took a little thinking. One of the first words that popped into my mind was "gigolo" (don't ask - I think it's because I was reading about one in a book at the time), but I have no interest in a gigolo; I'd much prefer a "gallant" white night, thank you. And I thought about locations: Greece, Georgia, Galveston, Greenland - haven't been to any of them, definitely NOT EVER going to Greenland. So, when I started thinking about BOOKS, my list was ignited because of course....

1. Chris Grabenstein! I love the man who gave me John Ceepak and Danny Boyle.

2. Grapes. I enjoy a lot of fruit but grapes are among my favs. I prefer red over green, but regardless, they must be seedless.

3. Going Green. I wouldn't label myself a tree-hugger, but I do try to be as environmentally conscious as I can. Reuse, renew, recycle!

4. Grass. I'm sure that sounds absurd to a lot of people, but my yard has a lot of dirt patches from the dogs and from having my basement excavated. Well, in N.E. Ohio when the snow melts or we have rain (or both), my yard turns into a massive mud pit for the dogs to run around in. Lord, how I wish there was more grass!

5. Gardening. I've never been a huge outdoorsy freak, but I do love my flower beds and fiddling around in them. I'm still trying to master the vegetable garden, though.

6. Goodreads.com. I love goodreads.com for several reasons. First is my daily e-mails telling me what my friends have updated in their accounts. I don't have to go rooting around to find out what they are reading or recommending. Love that! I love having my "to-read" shelf. I may never lose another book title again. I probably won't ever get to them all, but by golly, I'll know what their titles are!

7. Burton Guster. Since I had the cable turned off six months ago, I haven't had my tv on at all. I have yet to rewire the DVD player to the tv; it's all even unplugged so as not to drain electricity (see #3). BUT, I do watch Psych each weekend on my computer. They air the new episodes on Friday then make them available on the USA website on Saturday. That is the only tv show I've been watching this season, and Gus and Shawn are a stitch. It's a silly show, but it makes me laugh; my laugh therapy!

8. Giraffes. I just think these are amazingly gorgeous creatures. They are a must-see for me at the zoo. I have several rubber stamps of giraffes and some of my absolute favorite cards I made with those stamps. I have heard that they are rather mean animals, but they never did anything to me, so...

9. On Golden Pond. To this day, this is still one of my favorite movies. I love when Henry Fonda yells, "Someone's at the door." And Katherine Hepburn (who's knocking) yells back, "It's me, ya ole poop!" Just classic!

10. I started out with a name and I'll finish with a name. I'm a huge fan of the Gentleman Cowboy, Mr. George Strait. His voice just makes my heart flutter! And if my beloved Grandpa were still alive, we'd enjoy his music together!

So there you have it; my love of "G." If you think you'd like to do this, too, leave me a comment and I'll pick a letter from the hat for you - I promise the hat will have EVERY letter of the alphabet and not just Q, X and Z.

Happy Reading! :)


5 comments:

Corey Wilde February 10, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

OK, I'll bite. But just so you know, I'm not crazy about the letter U.

Serena February 11, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

I love good reads! Its where I keep the list of my to-read books that I find through other bloggers...that way I can't forget what they are called.

le0pard13 February 11, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

Nice. I'll give this meme a try, Jen. Let's see how I can mess this up.

Unknown February 15, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Gus is my hero.

trish February 25, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

Love the list! Isn't it weird how when you get the letter, a word pops into you heard AND IT WON'T GO AWAY?!

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP