Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Musing for a Wednesday

All the street lamps just went out, but I still have power - we're experiencing a bit of a rain storm here. So, while I still have power (knock on wood), I'll share a few odds and ends I found around the web today. First, I was THRILLED to see this. Love that book cover! Love that book!

And, while this is an article from Britain, MAN does it ring true for the U.S. Reading is a fundamental human right? Who knew? Before I stopped teaching, I taught a reading class - at the high school level. I wasn't trained as a literacy teacher, but I still was assigned a reading class. In this class I did a number of different things with the kids, but we READ. Every day we read. I would spend time reading aloud and the students and I would have time to read something of our own choosing, nothing forced. What fun I had modeling my love of reading. Let's start a movement!

And if you aren't "bested" out, here's the collection of 2008 favorites as compiled for the DorothyL list serve subscribers.

Enjoy the rest of your week and happy reading!


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP