Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Night of Unbridled Passion

Nice title, huh? Unlike Harlen Coben who has all the snappy titles and names and comes up with them himself, I'm blog-lifting...from the Washington Post. But, I'll get back to that in a minute. I know you want an update on my Internet fiasco from this week. Well, I'm typing this tonight from my own house - thank God. However, I did call today to get a new provider. Yesterday was my cut-off for CenturyTel. I stayed home all day to be available if a tech showed up. Nada. This morning, still nothing. So, I headed out to run my grocery store and pet store errands. Then I headed off to my parents' house to check my e-mail so it didn't get out of hand. While I was there, I called Time Warner (CenturyTel and Time Warner are the only high speed providers for the city of Lorain - that I could find). They are coming tomorrow to set up my new service. And when I got home, wouldn't you know it, I had service back from CenturyTel. Sorry folks, too little too late on this one.

Update done, let's get back to the fun stuff. The Washington Post has this blog post about a night of unbridled passion with a fictional character. If you could pick ANY fictional character in the world who would you want one night with? The Post asked a handful of authors who they would pick. I'm especially partial to Lisa Scottoline's response:


I would spend the night with the Three Musketeers from Dumas's classic novel. My motto is "One for all, all for me."


Too funny. So, I started thinking about what my response would be. Of course the two names that immediately jump in for consideration are Elvis Cole and John Ceepak. Are you getting tired of hearing me say their names? But I also have to throw in for consideration Mike Chapman from Linda Fairstein's Alex Cooper novels. And there's Spenser and Lincoln Perry. I can't leave off Mr. Darcy; I still feel light-headed when I read Pride and Prejudice! ;) And Jay Gatsby, but I'm probably thinking Jay Gatsby more because Robert Redford played him in the movie.

Ceepak, Spenser, Lincoln, Gatsby and Darcy are all attached, though, and regardless of what the "rules" are, I just can't imagine anything "unbridled" with someone attached. Then I'm left with Elvis and Mike Chapman. I adore both of these characters because they have a sense of humor I can appreciate. That's always the biggest factor for me. So, do I want to be "unbridled" in New York or L.A? Decisions, decisions.

Who would YOU choose? O.k. my author friends who I know are lurking out there - I want to hear from you, too. And of course, I have the female perspective. So, I want to hear from some of my male friends also...don't be shy, who would you pick? Let's get a good list going!

3 comments:

le0pard13 February 26, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

You know, I keep coming back to this post. Probably because I want to reply to it, but don't have the courage to be first. Hmm...that's now blown. Okay, I'll reply that I'm intrigued (remember, I'm a 20 yr married man, now) with the following literary figures: Lady Jessica of Dune, Clarice Starling of Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal, and the Lady Mariko of Shogun. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Jen Forbus February 26, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

Michael, I can always count on you! You're the best! I'm impressed with your choices, too. Thanks for playing along with me!

trish March 3, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

I think Rhett Butler was incredibly sexy and I wouldn't mind a night with him. ;-)

I don't know if there's other literary characters that hold that appeal for me. Except for Richard from the Anita Blake series. He seemed hot.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP