Monday, March 9, 2009

Cool Things I Learned on Twitter

So, I'm catching on to this Twitter thing. It's pretty cool. I thought I'd share with you a few things I've learned in the last few days on Twitter:

1. Harlan Coben has an irrational fear: he still thinks no one will show up for his book signings. Don't think you have too much to worry about on that front, Harlan, but I understand irrational fears!

2. Also about Harlan, his wife wrote an op-ed piece for the New York Times on computers in the medical field...or at least how they interfere with patient-doctor relations. It appeared on Thursday and was the most e-mailed article for that day. I wonder how many of those e-mails were Harlan's?

3. 50 years ago this month, the Dalai Lama fled Tibet.

4. Next month, Little Brown releases the next collection of short stories from the Mystery Writers of America. This one is called THE PROSECUTION RESTS and it will be edited by Linda Fairstein.

5. Jimmy Fallon is going to read TWILIGHT on his Kindle. He doesn't think he'll like it, but it must have been the title most recommended to him because he asked for recommendations.

6. Here's a link if you'd like to become a spy for the C.I.A.: https://www.cia.gov/careers/jobs/view-all-jobs/core-collector.html

7. And this is probably my favorite. Random House posted quotes from female authors in honor of International Women's Day. Here's one they posted from Jane Austen: "The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." I would never have guessed Jane Austen would say such a thing, but GO JANE!

You won't be likely to learn things quite as cool as these from me, but if you Twitter, feel free to add me to your "following" list: http://twitter.com/jenforbus

Happy Reading!


2 comments:

Lesa March 9, 2009 at 11:26 PM  

Don't you love Twitter, Jen? I'm addicted.

Lesa Holstine
http://lesasbookcritiques.blogspot.com

CJ West March 12, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

Wow, Jen you learned a lot in one day. Did you see Harlan's piece on the Border's website last week? He was talking about a bunch of mystery thriller writers for thriller month. Unfortunately he didn't mention me.

CJ
www.22wb.com

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP